By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Last time you played a good PVP game?

So when's the last time someone's played a good PVP game? For me it was D2 about 4 years ago. Recently (2 days ago) I bought City of Heroes and Villains and got up to lvl 20 only to realize the PVP didn't seem promising. I prefer a PVP game that actually requires you to aim instead of press hotkeys which is why WoW doesn't wow me at all. Does anyone think a PVP game will implement aiming again or will it remain in that press the 1, than the 2 and watch your fireballs chase them really far...

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Around the Network

UO has the best old skool PVP. It's fast, creative and you need more skill than most pvp games. Not as much point and click gaming.

In Uo you can make your character any type you wish i.e.

Pure Mage

Tank Mage

Nox Mage

Pot Mage

Bushido Mage

Necro mage

Parry Mage

Mule Mage

and the list goes on. You have over 50 skills avaliable and 700 Skill points to play with. You make you own class.

Also it takes skill - A mage has 64 spells and you can macro them to your keyboard. I have to memorize over 20 macro's and that is just my mage. It's fast and you die get rezed get back into the fight. I have been in battles with over 50+ people in the old days and because the templates are all different - it's always a challenage.

http://www.uoherald.com/news/ It is the first recognised MMORPG and is over 10yrs old. Still kicks ass. It's a hardcore game for sure

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

EvE Online. PvP is just awesome. I had week ends of PVP frenzy with my corpmates, should it be intelligence gathering, free roaming for targets, or large scale operation with several hundred allies in multiple battlezones in coordinated attacks.

But the game is not for every kind of players.

That's funny Squall because I was considering going UO with my friends. The only I'm not too sure about it is that it requires a lot of time, I heard the game takes forever to level or to get anywhere at all. Also what's EvE, I haven't heard of it at all.

You're talking just about MMORPGs, right?

Cause if you're not, I've been playing Team Fortress 2 a lot recently, and it's got some great player vs player action. =P

Around the Network

AC

there's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot

PVP wow never heard that..

JUST REMEMBER!!! HOW BIGGER THE SIG, HOW SMALLER THE ****

Yes Parokki online RPGs or MMORPGs since I'm not sure if D2 counts as a MMORPG. I haven't played TF2 but isn't it a shooter? Aren't all shooters PvP unless (quoted from PurePwnage) "You suck, go back to single player mode!"

Lineage II has an awesome PVP system

"Like you know"

@ Grahamhsu : http://www.eve-online.com/