By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hideki Kamiya of Platinum Games: "to say that Yoko-san saved Platinum would not be an exaggeration."

Hideki Kamiya (of Platinum Games) recently posted the following on Twitter:

Originally Posted by Hideki Kamiya

ニーアの成功はプラチナにこれまでとは違うファン層をもたらし且つスタッフの成長、成功体験、優秀な就職志望者の増加と計り知れない恩恵を与えてくれた…本来は 全て俺がやらなければならない事だった…情けない話だがプラチナはヨコオさんに救われたと言っても過言ではない…感謝してもしきれません…

Originally Posted by Hideki Kamiya (Translated)

Nier's success has to this point given Platinum a new fanbase, a growing staff, a brilliant success story, an increase in qualified job applicants, and a great benefit. Normally, I can't help but do everything by myself... it's a pitiful story, but to say that Yoko-san saved Platinum would not be an exaggeration. I cannot thank him enough.

Around the Network

Good. Now stop making your games exclusive to the highest bidder.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Of course it did! Without a Bayonetta sequel released, with the possibility of no Nintendo partnership, with the flop of Star Fox Zero, and the cancellation of Scalebound, Platinum needed to get money somewhere. Nier Automata unexpectedly blew up, and it helped Platinum in the process. Which is good, because I was worried.

I don't think people realize just how big Nier has been worldwide. It's not COD or anything, but it's consistently performing at 3-4k a week in Japan, and it's digital sales on PC and PS4 in western territories are great.

Who's Yoko?
Starting Nier Automata as soon as I am done with Bloodborne!

Xen said:
Who's Yoko?

It's the dude who killed the beatles and he is rightfully thanking him.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Xen said:
Who's Yoko?

Yoko Taro is the director of Nier Automata

this is how he looks on the left.

Dravenet7 said:
Xen said:
Who's Yoko?

Yoko Taro is the director of Nier Automata

this is how he looks on the left.

oh sh*t rappppppppppe

I'm really really happy that Nier Automata was such a success for Yoko Taro and Platinum Games and that it helped Platinum in difficult moments. The game is really amazing, I'm glad I bought it (and at full price, something that I rarely do).

Thanks God they just saved. Microsoft really almost killed Platinum then with Scalebound cancellation.

Yeah, Nier Automata really came at a time that Platinum desesperately needed a game to suceed.Due to failure after failure(Transformers, the Ninja Turtles game, cancelation of Scalebound, Star Fox), and the failure of the Wii U limiting the sales potential of Bayonetta 2, they couldnt catch a break.

They really do deserve it.Platinum is a fantastic developer and they really needed this win.Now just port the Bayonetta games to the Switch and announce a third one to become dirty rich!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1