By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Fit Pre-orders Sell Out on Play.com in One Day

jjseth said:
tabsina said:
Wow.. great, and worrying to hear at the same time.. maybe i won't be able to just walk in and get it on May 8th... guess i gotta start looking for preorder deals

You know, there will be many fat and out of shape people who will get this and think it will be the next great fitness tool to help them lose 400lbs of blubber.   However they will tire of it within days/weeks and you can get a used one for a fraction of the cost on ebay/craigslist.  ;)

A troll will always be a troll.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
ItsaMii said:
It is time to resurrect that Wii Fit hit or miss thread. A lot of people will have servings of crow (myself included).

Me too. I didn't think it would fly. Then again, seeing a game like cooking mama sell to me means anything can sell.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

I thought I felt that "calm before the storm" atmosphere =P

Seriously though I have no idea how big this is going to be but all indications point to ridiculous levels of success. The whole thing is sort of ominous in a weird way. I'm not sure what I'm looking forward to most: seeing how successful it is or actually playing it. Actually I'm most looking forward to watching friends and family play it. =)

To Each Man, Responsibility

wii fit gonna be huge

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

FishyJoe said:
Yeah, that's Japan. Fat 400lb people all over. There is a flood of used systems there when people found out it didn't work. That's why it's been on the weekly top 5 list for over four months. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Oh my gosh, he is right.. look at all the fat people lining up to buy it.. so so so so so fat.. 400lbs? yeh right.. 600 at least

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b180/jrgaf/KC3A0023.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b180/jrgaf/KC3A0024.jpg

courtesy of posters on neogaf

Around the Network

i guess i'll be the first in the thread to go on record saying that wii fit will outsell GTA COMBINED LTD as of 12/31/2008.

i may be wrong if supply isn't up to par, in which case it'll do it by 5/31/09, but I think Nintendo will make enough to outsell GTA

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

Where is Dolla Dolla at when you need him?

wii fit will be big, since there are people everywhere who want to lose weight but do not want to go to gyms (because they are ashamed of their current condition) or just want to have some usefull tool to stay in shape. if wiifit can 'help' at least a bit in both the cases it will be big with legs like a giant.

maybe hospitals will want to use wii fit for getting back to shape (after playing wii sports to get back to basics) then it could be even bigger (maybe like 100 wii's xtra next to the wii fits. but it is still extra :D)

I don't think that Amazon is representative of the market at large in many cases.

With that out of the way, pre-ordering has been turned off for Wii fit and Mario Kart at Amazon UK. GTA4 is still open for pre-order however. And for the record, I'm not saying one is selling better than the other, in no way, shape or fashion am I saying that. I'm just laying out the facts.

i think that wii fit will be an amazing systen seller in NA. just think of all the self conscious single women who eat diet pepsi and zero calorie yogurt that will go buy a wii just for wii fit. or mothers who want to get their slightly over weight children back into shape. and hom many single women and over weight children in NA america? ALOT!

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232