By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tweet from Playtonic about Yooka laylee switch.

Something for the weekend, Nintendo Switch fans? The team continues to work hard and we hope to have more news soon! Thanks for your support https://t.co/kcSup6lodt

Yep doesn't really say anything new, but already it isn't cancelled. I've skipped steam and ps4 versions just to play this on a Nintendo system. Been a long wait. Screen shot looks beaut though

Around the Network

Waiting any longer will only extend the disappointment : P

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

My thoughts exactly on this, my hype levels have gone down more and more for this with every month, which is a shame because the initial Kickstarter was something which had my hype through the roof, then the delays came... the reviews came... the delayed port is still delayed...

Booooooooo, at this stage if Mario 64 or DK64 was to come to the Switch first I would just buy that from the Eshop instead.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I think it's a good thing I waited for the Switch version. My expectations are going to be a lot lower going in, so I'll probably not be too disapointed by it.

it feels like forever ago... what took them so long?

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

My thoughts exactly on this, my hype levels have gone down more and more for this with every month, which is a shame because the initial Kickstarter was something which had my hype through the roof, then the delays came... the reviews came... the delayed port is still delayed...

Booooooooo, at this stage if Mario 64 or DK64 was to come to the Switch first I would just buy that from the Eshop instead.

I never was too hyped around this one, the art design and color palette were a turn off, just looked really dull and flat. 

But when I got the game and tried it out as a big fan of Banjo Kazooie for only 3 years or so I was disappointed. the first world was so big and confusing and I wondered around an empty level for about 30 minutes not knowing what to do. So i stopped playing. The focus on big levels, and more importantly unlocking new areas in levels, was what killed this game in my opinion. Banjo Kazooie lived off the diversity of big to medium sized levels that allowed the creators to make a lot of different worlds. This has your generic grass level, fire level, ice level, etc.

Watch this come out the exact same time as Super Mario Odyssey, and tank super hard.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Ultrashroomz said:
Watch this come out the exact same time as Super Mario Odyssey, and tank super hard.

Herp derp doooo, datz cos Switch fans dont by thurd party games!!!11

Lets not mention that it will be a six month late port of a game which managed a massive 68% on the PS4 and that had technical issues running on the X1 so god knows what the Switch version could turn out like, it's not really going to be GOTY contender is it.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Guys not sure if you know, but the PC version got a huge update that fixed frame rate, camera controls, voice acting all sorts. The ps4 and X1 version are awaiting this update, and switch version is releasing with this update, the consoles updates is going through testing stage atm. That's why I'm hyped because I know it will release with most problems solved. Hopefully anyway.

Nogamez said:
Guys not sure if you know, but the PC version got a huge update that fixed frame rate, camera controls, voice acting all sorts. The ps4 and X1 version are awaiting this update, and switch version is releasing with this update, the consoles updates is going through testing stage atm. That's why I'm hyped because I know it will release with most problems solved. Hopefully anyway.

Interesting, maybe they should of released all the versions later to prevent it from getting negative first impresseions. Although it probably was those negative first impressions that led them to know what needed fixed.