By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - I'm writing a book. Anyone want to read what I have?

*Readers and non-readers welcome*

First off, I don't know if I'm allowed to ask this on this site, but if not then please feel free to take it down.  And sorry in advance.  Plus I don't know what category.  Closest thing I could think of.

Okay, so I'v been writing this thing for how many years.  What can I say, I'm really lazy.  I really am.  But if anyone is interested, please feel free to ask and I'll get you a copy. 

It's science fiction.  Or if I am brave enough to attempt, hard science fiction.  Prolly not.  I call it, "The Maddening Tales of Science."  Either way, here is my pitch:

A man searching at a drift in a space not his space, inside his mighty vessel the Star Ship.  A powerful man, a demigod of science.  Old, very old, and older still.  Though he does not look his age.  At the apex of what living things may strive for one day.  He wants for nothing; food, water, air, all ancient needs for him and his expiration date is unlimited.  The only thing he wants is what he's been looking for all these years.

And yes, I've tried other sites, but I don't think I'd get the same response there as I will here.  I know, it's a big thing to read something nowadays, but for those willing I promise it's not bad.  Not terrible.  Not the worst thing you'll ever read.  It's at least legible.  You can read it for a good 30 pages before It cuts off and I go on a tangent with other materials for the story, but if you've finished 30, that's good. 

****Update**** Learned to put up a link online, haha.  Well, this should be easier.  Also, it's aligned center, sorta that way because I wanted a outworldy feel.  Also because I don't want to spend 30 minutes formatting. Don't be kind, offer me your thoughts however you feel.  Even if it's really harsh. 

It's an anthology so each chapter is mostly self contained and a lot of it is not done.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5rz0VoyAMP_Q0ZSaXN0Q3hCbVE/view?usp=sharing

Around the Network

I have summers off, so I'd be willing to read it......... that being said, I tend to be kind of critical when it comes to these things. So... be warned.

JWeinCom said:
I have summers off, so I'd be willing to read it......... that being said, I tend to be kind of critical when it comes to these things. So... be warned.

Ya boy!  Cool, don't worry, my skin is hard.  Go at it, spit all the venom that's required to craft this thing into something I can be proud of.

Alright. If you want to send it to me, then the best way would be to share it through google drive. My email is JWeincom@gmail.com So just put it in google docs and share it with that account. If you can't do that you can email it as a file, but I'd prefer a shared document.

Tagging. I might be interested. S***'s fucked up now, so I haven't been able to finish the book I'm in the middle of now. But you've got a tag. And a maybe.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
Alright. If you want to send it to me, then the best way would be to share it through google drive. My email is JWeincom@gmail.com So just put it in google docs and share it with that account. If you can't do that you can email it as a file, but I'd prefer a shared document.

haha, I had to learn about google drive.

Depends. Has it been made into an anime yet?

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I plan CGI live action.  A mix.  Stand alone almost 2 hour movie.  But that's in the future.

Ouroboros24 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I plan CGI live action.  A mix.  Stand alone almost 2 hour movie.  But that's in the future.

Well I wouldn't mind reading it. I'm not very good with reading or keeping promises, but it should be interesting. 

Interesting. Tagging.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won