Kannagi
Sora no Woto
Subete ga F ni Naru (<-- super amazing)
Servant X Service
Idolmaster
Sekai Seifuku
Qualidea Code
Galilei Donna

Dude, you try to teach me about Sony's anime history and left Code Geass? Seriously? Get the heck out. (Also, where's the current darling My Hero Academia? lol.)

Anyway is just my opinion and I have seen most of those. Not really impressed, tho I like a few of them. Smiley movey still destroys anything good they have done animation related, ever. Also, they worked on The Spirits Within, didn't they?

Dude, learn the fucking difference between producing and licensing. Sony had nothing to do with the production of MHA or Code Ass.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
monocle_layton said:

Puts Fairy Tail and SAO, but leaves out My Hero Academia, Mob Psycho, One punch Man, and shows leagues above it

Because those shows have nothing to do with A-1 Pictures?

But I'm talking about Sony in general and Sony music entertaiment later became... umm I forgot. Was that aniplex? But we need to be in the same page here or we can't comunicate properly.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

FunFan said:
vivster said:

Because those shows have nothing to do with A-1 Pictures?

But I'm talking about Sony in general and Sony music entertaiment later became... umm I forgot. Was that aniplex? But we need to be in the same page here or we can't comunicate properly.

A-1 is the anime studio branch of Aniplex. Aniplex itself is only licensing stuff. The animes I listed are notable once that A-1 and by extension Aniplex and by extension Sony have produced. I don't really give a shit what Sony has licensed. Anyone can license shit.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
FunFan said:

Dude, you try to teach me about Sony's anime history and left Code Geass? Seriously? Get the heck out. (Also, where's the current darling My Hero Academia? lol.)

Anyway is just my opinion and I have seen most of those. Not really impressed, tho I like a few of them. Smiley movey still destroys anything good they have done animation related, ever. Also, they worked on The Spirits Within, didn't they?

Dude, learn the fucking difference between producing and licensing. Sony had nothing to do with the production of MHA or Code Ass.

But dude, Funimation is a LISCENCING company.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

FunFan said:
vivster said:

So?

You said you do not trust Sony because Emoji Movie. Sony has produced that film, not licensed it. And then you said Sony hasn't done anything good in Anime in recent years. So I listed the animes Sony has produced in recent years.

Now you're suddenly back to licensing again. You are the one constantly jumping from production to licensing.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
Xen said:

Second of SAO2? :O

The GGO part started good, but then it became boring and.. unneccessary, IMO.

The one with the girl that has AIDS?

Indeed. Yet another "friends are important !!!!!1" theme that anime so loves to repeat. It was a bit evoking, but still, so plain that it's just meh, ultimately.

@Alchemist: Speaking about the first season at least, the gaming theme at the time was novel and new, the atmosphere of the "death game" was well executed, Kirito was a pretty damn cool, strong character, the vibe I got from the Kirito x Asuna relationship was genuine...

There is also the side that while all this is happening, they are all rotting away in their beds, and you really wonder how this is gonna work out ultimately.. also, there are elements I see as genuine psychosis: the old man fisherman that gave up on finishing the game in favor of an easy life, Kirito and Asuna's "virtual child" in a virtual home... adaptation, their captivity becoming their reaility - I don't know if the writer intended any of that, but that is what I saw in SAO S1. It really is great IMO.

vivster said:
FunFan said:

So?

You said you do not trust Sony because Emoji Movie. Sony has produced that film, not licensed it. And then you said Sony hasn't done anything good in Anime in recent years. So I listed the animes Sony has produced in recent years.

Now you're suddenly back to licensing again. You are the one constantly jumping from production to licensing.

Yes, is as simple as sony being involved or not, and both produced and licenced product should be considereded. You are the one that are making it exclusively about productions, I never put that restriction.

Xen said:
Teeqoz said:

The one with the girl that has AIDS?

Indeed. Yet another "friends are important !!!!!1" theme that anime so loves to repeat. It was a bit evoking, but still, so plain that it's just meh, ultimately.

@Alchemist: Speaking about the first season at least, the gaming theme at the time was novel and new, the atmosphere of the "death game" was well executed, Kirito was a pretty damn cool, strong character, the vibe I got from the Kirito x Asuna relationship was genuine...

There is also the side that while all this is happening, they are all rotting away in their beds, and you really wonder how this is gonna work out ultimately.. also, there are elements I see as genuine psychosis: the old man fisherman that gave up on finishing the game in favor of an easy life, Kirito and Asuna's "virtual child" in a virtual home... adaptation, their captivity becoming their reaility - I don't know if the writer intended any of that, but that is what I saw in SAO S1. It really is great IMO.

So you dont think friendship is important? 

The concept was novel when I was 3. .hack//sign aired in 2003. 

The show just is not that great. 

Is it a coincidence that all the hottest anime chicks have purple hair?

FunFan said:
vivster said:

So?

Yes, is as simple as sony being involved or not, and both produced and licenced product should be considereded. You are the one that are making it exclusively about productions, I never put that restriction.

Then that statement was stupid to begin with. That would mean by extension that everything Sony has ever touched is shit because of that one movie.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Xen said:

So you dont think friendship is important? 

The concept was novel when I was 3. .hack//sign aired in 2003. 

The show just is not that great. 

Is it a coincidence that all the hottest anime chicks have purple hair?

Completely forgot about it! friendship is important, but not when it's the theme of every second anime.

Post the chicks.