By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - August Xbox Game Pass additions revealed

Barozi said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Metal slug and dead rising have been in circulation for a while now. It's a rinse and repeat method, just with different names. A lot of Xbox fans (including myself) have already had some of these games. I'm talking about a new addition to the Xbox ecosystem or from the aaa games lineup.

How can it be rinse and repeat when Metal Slug and Dead Rising 3 haven't been on Game Pass or GwG before?
Great that you've already played them, but fact is that over 90% of Xbox One owners haven't.

Dirt Rally is an AAA game that is out for just over a year. Can't realistically get much more recent than that on that type of service.

Sorry that I wasnt able to reply earlier. Ive been typing on my cellphone throughout the week and the cellphone is chore to deal with.

It is rinse and repeat, but honestly I agree that you cannot beat the deal as long as one is subscribed. I will admit that might work for the 90% who have not played these games just yet. Microsoft has given away or discounted a ton of games in their eco system a lot since launch. As the sales for the Xbox One drops it might not help though. Most people buy the consoles for the huge annualized or AAA multiplatform titles the Rockstar franchises these days...and perhaps it might help keep those people entertained if they are willing. If Microsoft does this next gen ill be more than happy to wait until later on in the gen to get an Xbox so I can play their library at the cost of a netflix subscription (especially when the new content are well...they are just there).