By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What if Microsoft teams up with Nintendo?

Tagged games:

Would you like MS to team up with Nintendo?

It's sounds impossible b... 82 36.12%

No that would be awful! 126 55.51%

I don't know. 19 8.37%

Total:227

Zoombael said:

[...]

What if Hitler would ve teamed up with Stalin?

[...]

They actually did it and they jointly invaded Poland, starting WWII. Thanks God Hitler was too greedy (and too racist against Russians) and broke the deal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molotov%E2%80%93Ribbentrop_Pact

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

Pokemon world mmo
Zelda legends
Mario kart/mario horizon each year
Retro making VR games because we know they're part Rare and they can't make real games according to MS

Not going to happen but if it would, it would make more sense than a sony + nintendo console.

If it means Nintendo's games on PC, I'm all for it.

Apparently MS already tried to buy Nintendo before, in any case it want gonna happen.

Around the Network

I'd like Nintendo and Sony more. Their IP on one console would give me no reason to buy another or PC. Plus Sony lets developers go so Nintendo wouldn't mind working for them as much. They'll let Nintendo do whatever their little hearts desire.

I am Iron Man

freebs2 said:

Not going to happen but if it would, it would make more sense than a sony + nintendo console.

quite the opposite for what I just mentioned.  Look at what MS did to Rare for heaven's sake!

I am Iron Man

Mr_No said:
One simple answer: they won't. Different companies, different philosophies, different markets. I don't think Nintendo would be comfortable at all by sharing, or at the very least, having their franchises be related to anything Xbox.

Besides, we all know what happened the last time Nintendo joined in with a tech giant.

post.endthread()

Ka-pi96 said:
Did we all like the idea of the "Nintendo PlayStation"? I don't remember that...

Don't really see the benefits for both of them in doing this though. So unless Microsoft were to actually attempt a takeover of Nintendo and force it through that way, really can't see anything like this ever happening.

SpokenTruth said:
Snoorlax said:

We all liked the idea of the Nintendo Playstation

Thoughts? 

We?

*Recalls the day it was learned that Sony would brand everything Sony, have all licensing and IP rights and would have made Nintendo basically a contracted 1st party studio*

I don't recall much of this "we" you refer to.

And please stop beating a dead horse with an already broken stick.

I don't know about you guys but i'm pretty sure everybody would love to try out a Nintendo Playstation be it the original or a new system today if they actually announce it in a similar way to how the NES mini and SNES mini were announced with some decent games for it. Then again the NinPlaystation didn't work out because Sony wanted full ownsership of the console, cd's, ip's and profits and whatever, obviously nobody is saying this should be the case should MS merge with Nintendo. It's a videogame partnership, not one company buying and owning the other one.

Mr_No said:
One simple answer: they won't. Different companies, different philosophies, different markets. I don't think Nintendo would be comfortable at all by sharing, or at the very least, having their franchises be related to anything Xbox.

Besides, we all know what happened the last time Nintendo joined in with a tech giant.

Nintendo partnered with Philips after Sony screwed up their bussiness deal and Philips doesn't know shit about videogames that's how the CDI happened. MS on the other hand does have people who understand games and together could make a console with qualities from both worlds.

sethnintendo said:
Seems to be that Microsoft would need Nintendo now more than Nintendo ever needing Microsoft.

In terms of videogames bussiness, yes, a partnership could benefit both companies in my opinion but as a whole MS doesn't even need their gaming division to survive.

Rem87919394 said:
This has been beaten to death. It won't happen. It'd be meaningless for sony, Microsoft and Nintendo to ever merge with anyone. Microsoft doesn't need them and they don't need Microsoft

You do realize that Sony is failing in every department other than their gaming division right? I never said MS needs anybody i'm talking about a possibility, MS could do well without their gaming bussiness and Nintendo is starting to branch out to different stuff like mobile games and theme park but video games is still their main focus. 

VGPolyglot said:
sethnintendo said:

They have very few IPs that are system sellers.  Halo, Gears, and all their other series seem to be in a decline to me.

They are in decline, but I guess they're fine with that.

Uhh i don't think so, if it continues down this trend with no exclusives, declining franchises, weaker hardware and negative reception there will pretty much be nothing left for Xbox. The fans have long been vocal about these issues since the 360 days and it still hasn't been solved.

Areym said:
Well, maybe then they MIGHT stand a chance to topple the PlayStation Regime. Maaaaaybe.

I think they would be unstoppable. Think about it a mainline Pokemon game and Halo on one console? That would be crazy.

Bandorr said:
That would be truly awful. You would be combining two companies exactly opposite of each other. They have little to no cross over.

The people looking for Forza/Halo/Gears aren't(for the most part) looking for Mario Kart/Splatoon/Arms. The people wanting a 4K/HDR/netflix Living room multi-media entertainment center aren't looking to take their games portable.

Microsoft wants to be on the PC, Nintendo wants nothing to do with the PC.

There is just so very, very little interaction between the two.

Uhh yes they do. Nintendo fans are craving for more realistic games like Forza and Halo and third party games in general even though some won't admit it and those same Forza and Halo fans would love to play Mario Kart or Zelda. Everyone wants good games on their console.

V-r0cK said:
I always see these Nintendo & Microsoft team up threads. Like do people actually think this idea could happen? xD

Yes. The Nintendo Playstation would be a reality but didnt because Sony wanted full ownership and that's not how you make a deal Phil Spencer seems to understand bussiness and would be rather cool about a partnership between MS and Nintendo.

KLAMarine said:
If it means Nintendo's games on PC, I'm all for it.

Well, i honestly don't see that happening what i do see is Nintendo + Microsoft coming up with a new powerful and innovative console with all of their exclusives on it.

Miyamotoo said:
Apparently MS already tried to buy Nintendo before, in any case it want gonna happen.

Nobody is saying MS should buy Nintendo.

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
freebs2 said:

quite the opposite for what I just mentioned.  Look at what MS did to Rare for heaven's sake!

Sony is still leading the videogame market so they're in their most arrogant state and nowhere interested in teaming up with anybody in videogame bussiness MS however could see some benefits in partnering with Nintendo.

if happens, i wonder which abxy positions they would adopt.
lol