By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EU Numbers Up

DMeisterJ said:
I just noticed that

PS3 > DS for last week in others. That's huge.

considering millions more ppl have already bought the DS, not so huge

Around the Network
kamil said:
@leo-j:
I think there are to possilbe answer for your question:
- ioi disagrees with the need of adjustemen for Xbox 360 UK data
- the numbers will be adjusted in future but due to time limits right now they are the way they are. Belief that numbers must be updatated today becouse weekly hardware numbers were updated today is in fact false.

@Auron: Actually vgchartz had PS3 higher than NPD for quite a long time in the past (around half year ago). But since PS3 price drop/40GB SKU it's not the case anymore.

I don't care if PS3 or 360 or Wii are overtracked/undertracked,  i just want correct numbers for all systems.  If PS3 is overtracked and not really beating the 360 ww in weekly sales but VGchartz says it is, well that is ahollow victory.  I would rather the PS3 lose with correct numbers than win with incorrect numbers.

Crazy numbers. GT5P + GTAIV bundle will help Sony sell a crazy amount of units come April 29.

Auron said:
NJ5 said:
Auron said:
leo-j said:
Noobie said:
Btw where PS3 numbers were adjusted down.? cuz it was

11.48M + 115k

So it should be around 11.60M.. but its around 11.52 M.. Any idea.?

I dont understand why UK sales have not been adjusted, the 360 should be lowered by 130k. According to a report on april 4, the 360 was about to aproach the 2 million mark, vgchartz has it at 2.13M, therefore its needs to be adjusted.

You have been here long enough to know that this site does and always will have higher numbers for 360 no matter what other sources say, even NPD doesn't matter.

Here we go again... Selective memory FTW.

Yea.... NPD and CHartrack among others are all wrong, let's all praise ioi the end all source of data......you are funny.

Btw i just asked cuz there is a sizeable downward adjustment in PS3 hardware numbers.. it has nothing to do with gr8 job ioi is putting in keeping the number accurate.. Just was curious which week and region numbers have gone down...

Nothing else.

Considering how poorly the 360 was selling before the pricecut I still think it helped. Its just a question of what level the 360 will stabalise at. If it can stabalise at 60 to 70k in the long term it'll be worth it.