By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you thr type of person who has to beat bosses that are optional to play/beat?

I'm playing Xenogears again, and not to spoil anything, on disk 2 there's a boss you can beat or run away from it. I however will not move on until I beat him. This is a common thing too, if there are optional bosses you can skip all together or can run away I HAVE to beat them. Anyone else the same, or don't care at all about optional bosses?

Around the Network

Only if I feel compelled to for that particular game. Trophies make it more enticing. I remember the first optional boss I skipped was Ozma in FF9, just wanted to be done with that game so I skipped most of the optional stuff.

When I was younger and I wanted to squeeze every bit of gameplay from a game sure. However nowadays I just beat the game and leave. When I beat Final Fantasy 3 on the DS there is a super boss that I completely ignored. When you have a bunch of games you want to play you just want to move on to the next one.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Sometimes. Like in Dragon's Dogma or Final Fantasy VII. Sometimes I just love a game so much, I want to do everything in it. Other times, I just want to see the end credits with as little effort as possible.

Depends entirely on the game in question. If the game is in general fun to play and going out and discovering these optional battles is enjoyable or rewarding, then sure. The same applies to pretty much any optional content in a game.

Around the Network

if said bosses offer some more loot and lore, then yeah I'll fight them.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I don't have to, no.

But i will if its a game i love. Xenogears is a game i love. I don't remember that boss though, but i do remember that you can skip 4 sub bosses and go directly for the final boss, but he will be alot harder.

Depends on if I feel compelled enough I guess.

I could give two shits about defeating that Telethia in Xenoblade X, but will gladly do New Game+ solely for the hidden boss (and platinum) in Persona 5.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Kingdom Hearts taught me not to care about killing optional bosses lol

Nope. I only do those depending on the game and even then will almost never be all of them. I LOVED Xenoblade X but never did the superbosses. You would think with 800 hours in it I would. Nope.  I only like FFXV but did do the legendary bosses and Adamantoise only because I was so close to a Platinum and I never legit earned one before so sad meh whatever sure. FFXV is the exception.  RPGs I do it on occassion but only because I feel I will gain something from it more than I beat a tougher boss.