By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WWE 2K18 for Switch “not based on previous gen versions”

2K Sports appears to be taking the Switch version of WWE 2K18 seriously. When a fan claimed that the game would likely be based off an older release in the franchise from the Xbox 360, the official WWE 2K Twitter account noted that it’s “not based on previous gen versions”.

The tweet reads:

http://nintendoeverything.com/wwe-2k18-for-switch-not-based-on-previous-gen-versions/

Around the Network

So its a custom downgraded port of the PS4 and Xbox One versions.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

sethnintendo said:

It's a custom upgraded port of the PS4/XBO versions. Upgraded by the portable mode. 

So it's an upgrade from the Wii version?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Kristof81 said:
sethnintendo said:

It's a custom upgraded port of the PS4/XBO versions. Upgraded by the portable mode. 

Could be a fun game to play with friends.  I haven't played a wrestlin game since N64 and PS1 days though.  I was pretty found of Power Pro Move Wrestling on PS1 and WCW vs nWo N64.

sethnintendo said:

That depends if you consider the XBO version an custom downgraded port of the PS4 version

ktay95 said:
sethnintendo said:

That depends if you consider the XBO version an custom downgraded port of the PS4 version

So its a downgrade of XBO which is a downgrade of the PS4 which is a downgrade of the PS4 Pro which is a downgrade of the XBO X which is a downgrade of the PC version.

vivster said:

So it's an upgrade from the Wii version?

This is an A+ shitpost.

It's not like WWE games have been pushing the envelope. I doubt there will be much compromise if any. I'm gonna make a bold prediction: Switch version sells best.