By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Distractions in games!

Tagged games:

Do you get distracted in games? Side quests, minigames etc.

Yes 28 75.68%

No 9 24.32%

Total:37

I get distracted by side-things in games all the time. By anything. I even get distracted in linear/"cinematic" games.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
Mar1217 said:
Pretty much what happened to me everytime in BOTW. I was never able to stick to my original intention. Exploring is way too addictive.

I actually followed the storyline from the start in Breath of the Wild... pretty interesting story actually, the tale of how Link turns from a simple forager collecting apples from trees to a grand master chef! 

...That's what the game is about, right? Link working his way up to become a chef, and in the sequel he goes head to head with Gordam Ramsay?

Nintendo does love their spinoffs.

Koroks...so many...Koroks...*rocks back and forth*

I have horrible ADD, and so open world games are a nightmare for me. My first time playing Skyrim, I remember getting distracted picking up every book or piece of bread I came across, or forgetting my main mission whenever I saw a random cave.

That being said...I can't seem to stop playing these games either. It's not like I like them or anything. Hmph!

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

I'm pretty sure in Tekken, I've spent a lot of time in the customisation menu dressing up the characters.

... it's basically a dressing up game.

Hmm, pie.

Sometimes it takes me hours to get from point A to point B in Breath of the Wild.

Around the Network

Sounds like my overall experience with Zelda. Can't get very far in the game without finding something interesting in the distance. xD I'm more interested in doing all the side stuff rather than progress the story.

However, I'm playing another game which is doing this in a terrible way. Disgaea 5 has side quests that keep on recycling, even after I complete them. I really hate this and just feels like padding. They should have just made more varying quests rather than keep using the same ones...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread