By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (prediction) Mainline Pokemon for Switch will release no sooner than fall/holiday 2019

I disagree, I think we will see the Pokémon game for Switch releasing by the end of 2018, GameFreak has been gearing up for the Hardware leap hiring more people and USUM seems to have very small changes meaning that it'll take very little time to be made...

Around the Network

"It may not release for more than a year"...he said that in June so it could be 2018 as July-December 2018 is more than 1 year but I highly doubt it. Nintendo probably has 2018 nearly accounted for in terms of software. I'm sure we'll see what Retro is working on, Kirby, Yoshi, Animal Crossing and a ton of surprises in 2018. Pokemon can and probably will wait.

mZuzek said:
Ljink96 said:
"It may not release for more than a year"...he said that in June so it could be 2018 as July-December 2018 is more than 1 year but I highly doubt it. Nintendo probably has 2018 nearly accounted for in terms of software. I'm sure we'll see what Retro is working on, Kirby, Yoshi, Animal Crossing and a ton of surprises in 2018. Pokemon can and probably will wait.

He wouldn't say "for more than a year" if it was scheduled for 2018, he would just say 2018.

Well...my point was just to put a fact out there...that time frame would be more than a year... so it isn't impossible. As I said, it is highly improbable but a fact is a fact...

mZuzek said:
guiduc said:

Why Zuz You hate Pokemon or your wallet hates Pokemon?

At the moment I hate Pokémon and I believe it'll take time for me to unhate it.

It'll also take them time to make a good fucking game, so that's why I'm hoping it's the case.

Yeah, I'm hoping they take all the time they need to rethink the formula and also go back to basics.

Well, coming back to this 7 months later, we have had all sorts of rumors/leaks and whatnot, including shit like nintendo putting pressure on game freak to have it out by the end of this year, and that european localization is already under way.

Nintendo itself says "2018 or later".

Now, since this is a new generation, time is running out to actually reveal this thing, and day by day 2018 is getting less likelier, imo. X/Y were revealed 9 months before release, and same with sun/moon. 9 months from now would be squarely in november. If we dont get the news before the end of march, its not coming this year for sure.

I still stand by my prediction of fall 2019 for now, but the I wouldnt be surprised if it hit in Spring 2019, either.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

I hope it comes out in 2018. Just to see this prediction become wrong

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

I agree. I expect holiday 2019, specially since I expect a very ambitious game.

If they want that 20m for FY 2018, they better release it this year. Then maybe MK9 for holiday 2019...