By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - THQ Nordic looking to support Switch “wherever it’s possible”

killeryoshis said:
Dulfite said:

Didn't it bomb though? Though it came out after Wii u was replaced lol

You make it seem like they were expecting it to be a hit. I don't know why they put it on the Wii U but it wasn't for the money.

Um, what? Why would any developer put any game on a system if it wasn't for the money? If they wanted to build interest up in the series for future installments that only works if people actually buy it (which gives them money).

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
killeryoshis said:

You make it seem like they were expecting it to be a hit. I don't know why they put it on the Wii U but it wasn't for the money.

Um, what? Why would any developer put any game on a system if it wasn't for the money? If they wanted to build interest up in the series for future installments that only works if people actually buy it (which gives them money).

There was no money to be made putting Darksiders on the Wii U in 2017. Also building interest for the series on the Wii U? The Wii U is dead. Who will buy a future installment? If they really wanted to make money and build up interest they would have put it on the Switch.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

I could go for a wrestling game on a handheld. I know THQ doesn't have right to it anymore but I miss their wrestling games. The ones on the N64 were the best.

Battle Chasers: Nightwar LOOKS SOOOOOO GOOD! I've been dreaming about playing it during breaks at work or just when I'm too tired to be sitting in front of my PC. I'll just be buying the switch version and ignoring every other.

If they had a hard time getting THAT game running then they should fire some people because someone somewhere is just flat incompetent.

Edit:  On a side not, Elex isn't that impressive either, looks BARELY above late 7th gen, but at least I can see how that would be serious work.  But Battle Chasers?  Come the f*** on THQ.  No seriously come. the f***. on.

Around the Network
killeryoshis said:
Dulfite said:

There was no money to be made putting Darksiders on the Wii U in 2017. Also building interest for the series on the Wii U? The Wii U is dead. Who will buy a future installment? If they really wanted to make money and build up interest they would have put it on the Switch.

Then what was the point, to waste money?

Dulfite said:
killeryoshis said:

Then what was the point, to waste money?

Probably just passion and love for Nintendo. I don't know why, but some people really love NIntendo. 

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

Hiku said:
Shikamo said:

Regarding Battle Chasers: Nightwar, Pollice did say that it has been “a challenge to get running smoothly on Switch”.

Also, the open-world sci-fi RPG Elex is “just too demanding right now.”

Elex is understandable. Battle Chasers: Nightwar is more surprising ridiculous though.

Fixed that for ya.  Don't sugar coat the painfully obvious, Battle Chasers should have no issue running on phones, much less the Switch.  That it was a challenge is either an outright lie or a sign that someone doesn't know what they're doing  

Even Elex isn't that impressive.  Look at the quality of the textures.  Look at the model polygonal detail.  It honestly looks like a slightly polished up late 7th gen game with good lighting.  It shouldn't, in theory, have issues either.  It's all just signs of a dev that's not very technically capable.