By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

In all the hype around BOTW2, Banjo in Smash, Witcher 3, etc, it kinda snuck by almost without fanfare that, after about a year of leaks, secrecy, and playing coy, the Spyro Reignited Trilogy is finally confirmed for Switch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDKpAvRJ120

In a couple of months, we will have Mario, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Sonic, Rayman, pretty much all the classic platformer mascots under one roof. 

As someone who grew up during the PS1 vs N64 console war, seeing first the N.Sane Trilogy and now this on Nintendo is kinda like that feeling when Sonic first came to Gamecube, it's kinda surreal, sort of like if 20 years from now Uncharted or Halo is playable on Nintendo. 

Another interesting one that got lost in the crowd of bigger games is Asphalt 9; been wanting this to come to Switch for a while, even pestered the dev about it on Twitter, lulz. Looks like the kind of over-the-top arcade racer I miss from the N64/PS1 era, plus it's free!

Last edited by curl-6 - on 14 June 2019

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
Nuvendil said:

Looking at view counts, Nintendo's treehouse stuff has really become a big deal. I remember when they first started this format it was nowhere near as big (or well presented). They really have the format down to a science.

Also, seeing Trials of Mana in the Treehouse sold me. I had some concerns it might be like the Secret of Mana remake but this is looking way, way better.

I think the Zelda treehouses from the year before Switch launch were one of the best things ever done at E3.

Yep! I think most people thought it was a bad idea to just show Zelda at e3. But that basically sold it to a lot of people and contributed to the Switch success at launch. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

mZuzek said:
Can't it just be August 30th already?

Can't it just be July 26th already? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

CaptainExplosion said:

You would not believe all the dislikes the Treehouse Live look at Pokemon Sword & Shield is getting bombed with, all over the National Pokedex not being in these games.

I wonder if it can beat the dislikes on Metroid Federation Force e3 Trailer.

mZuzek said:
Jranation said:

Can't it just be July 26th already? 

Something happens on July 26th?

By that reaction Im guessing you are not into Fire Emblem?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Well, that's it. More than two years and three months later, after well over a hundred hours of playtime, I finally finished off the last of BOTW's shrines that I'd been saving for a rainy day.

Since by its exploratory, discovery-based nature its not a replayable game, at least not my mind, I guess this is goodbye.

Truly one of the best games I have ever played. It captured my imagination like no game since the original Mario Galaxy, and brought to fruition my 7th gen dreams about what games of the future would be like. 

Around the Network

Breath of the Wild so far is my game of gen (the only thing in the future that might even come close is Cyberpunk, and the BOTW sequel, of course).
People criticize the lack of dungeons, but to me, all of Hyrule is a single big dungeon.

Needless to say I'm excited BOTW 2. My theory is that there is an underworld below hyrule, and the game will be named "Depths of the Wild" or something like that.I'm in the minority, but I'm happy we're in the same Hyrule. I hope they capitalize on this and show changes in the game world (for example people rebuilding towns/cities after th ending of the first game.

edit: also, this is coming from the person who think most of the previous zelda games are horribly overrated. Skyward Sword is a piece of crap. And I have no idea how Phantom Hourglass even came close to a 90 metascore. It's a mediocre game, along with Spirit Tracks.

Last edited by flashfire926 - on 16 June 2019

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

So I guess we have confirmation after this E3 that Retro was either twiddling their thumbs for the past 5 years or else whatever they had in development went horribly wrong to the point of complete abandonment. To be completely honest, I'm not sure I have a whole lot of faith in them with MP4 at this point. Clearly some major issues have been up with their dev team. At the very least, they could have just given us another DKC for Switch in all this time. 

HyrulianScrolls said:

So I guess we have confirmation after this E3 that Retro was either twiddling their thumbs for the past 5 years or else whatever they had in development went horribly wrong to the point of complete abandonment. To be completely honest, I'm not sure I have a whole lot of faith in them with MP4 at this point. Clearly some major issues have been up with their dev team. At the very least, they could have just given us another DKC for Switch in all this time. 

Yeah Retro have a lot to prove now that it's been over five years since the last evidence of them being a competent studio.

It's sad to see how far they've fallen when they were once among the best devs in the industry.

https://nintendoeverything.com/devs-share-more-animal-crossing-new-horizons-details-gameplay-no-pocket-camp-connectivity-more/?fbclid=IwAR0U1kPQGZt40sSBrPnvJX6e3L0sp-FBfHMIrAAdtAWI-Jj3sFyOXgwOujY

Looks like Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled on Switch is a good port.

Actual gameplay closely resembles the PS4 version, just with the fur effects missing and the resolution lowered, a lot like the N.Sane Trilogy. Seems like the whole game is on the card just like the Trilogy also.

[EDIT: Video removed; Activision is copyright-striking gameplay videos, so if I post a new one it will doubtless be swiftly taken down as well, but if you're curious I'm sure you can find more Switch footage on Youtube]

Last edited by curl-6 - on 18 June 2019