By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is FF 14 Online the best Final Fantasy, since 6th gen ended..? Best story too in my opinion.

FF14 is the best FF game of 7th and 8th gen...

Yes, just storywise 4 4.44%

Yes, just gameplay wise 2 2.22%

Yes all around. 35 38.89%

No, lacks the story 9 10.00%

No, lacks the gameplay 6 6.67%

No, all around bad game 9 10.00%

I haven't played it/comments/results. 25 27.78%

Total:90

I actually agree. I think that every mainline FF game since X were a disgrace. FFXIV is actually a good MMO.

Well, I don't agree it's the best FF I've played, almost every FF before X were pretty great.

Around the Network

FF7,FF10 and FF8 for me.

I haven't played it myself, but I've only ever heard good things from people who have. Combine that with the fact all the conventional, single player FF games that have released in the last decade have all been disappointing, at least to me personally....I'm inclined to believe that 14 might indeed be the best all around FF in that time span. After all, it's not a very high bar.

I took a break from it... but imo its the best MMO on the market today.

All FFs have been good... but some are better than others. Sadly, due to changes in the company it seems SquEnix have forgotten how to manage their most successful game series ever and instead of 3 FF games a generation, we have got 1 main single player title and 1 MMO since 6th gen...

... so if they question is what is better, FF13, FF14 (since it's overhaul) or FF15 of which I have only played FF13 (like and hour of 14 once on free trial), then yes. FF14 is the best.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

FFXIV doesn't exist. Square Enix skipped that number to have a break and be able to forget how to make a proper FF.

You probably mean that unrelated nameless MMO deskpro2k3 keeps yammering about.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Ka-pi96 said:

I  know 12, 13 & 15 weren't that great. But they were still main single player titles since the 6th gen

12 was 6th gen and better than most games since. 15 is a KH spin-off.

Hmm, pie.

I can actually agree with this. After getting to the end of the game post expansion pack though, I called it quits. MMOs consume me, and I just don't have the time to sink into the end game content anymore (making me not want to play all together).

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I can agree with you here, I absolute loved this game and the whole community. Things changed though when I had a child with my girlfriend and I could no longer invest the time into this sort of game so I had to conacel my Sub. I do miss the game and my company friends on there.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

It's my second favourite FF game, only behind Final Fantasy 9.

I overall didn't enjoy the story in A Realm Reborn much (outside of the 'Binding Coil of Bahamut' raid storyline, which i recommend you do at some point if you haven't already), but Heavensward's was great, and Stormblood has been fan-fucking-tastic so far. My desire to strangle Yotsuyu intensifies with every step i take.

It's the gameplay that's kept me playing though. Every class has so much depth to it, and there's an ungodly amount to learn and explore. Since 3.0 they've also started experimenting with entirely new types of content, which has been great. My favourite so far have been the deep dungeon (I've so far made it to floor 180), and the Aquapolis (which is a glorious loot clown fiesta).