By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is FF 14 Online the best Final Fantasy, since 6th gen ended..? Best story too in my opinion.

FF14 is the best FF game of 7th and 8th gen...

Yes, just storywise 4 4.44%

Yes, just gameplay wise 2 2.22%

Yes all around. 35 38.89%

No, lacks the story 9 10.00%

No, lacks the gameplay 6 6.67%

No, all around bad game 9 10.00%

I haven't played it/comments/results. 25 27.78%

Total:90
John2290 said:
RaptorChrist said:
I've been playing the game on and off since 1.0 actually, usually for about three months at a time. I'm currently around halfway through the MSQ of Heavensward. I am very OCD when it comes to questing and stuff, as I make sure to do every quest in every zone, every instance, dungeon, raid, etcetera before progressing the MSQ. I did allow myself to skip turns 4+ for BCoB, but I completed everything else.

Since I don't get to play very much, the payment model isn't best suited to people like me, although I do think it's been worth every penny.

I currently am playing a Scholar, Summoner, and Warrior (alternating between them to keep them leveled the same). Since I do all the quests and stuff, I can quite easily keep two jobs (Scholar and Summoner are linked) leveled, and I'm actually a couple levels ahead of the Main Story. If I recall correctly, I was already level 52 when enter Heavensward, as all of the 2.0 content took me so long to complete (mostly maxing out beast tribes).

Took me a second to relize why you were only level 52 getting to HW, were you capped at 50 and leveling before HW or did you have the expansion while leveling and it was the 2 class combo that held you back? Or have they just added loads of content between ARRB and heavens ward...When I reached HW I was lvl 54 and I'd reckon I only done say 70ish percent of the side content, I'm at the churning mists now and just hit 60 (Isettled into a leveling routine after getting my first soul crystal though everytime i start the game up and im not sure if it counts but i also level land and hand classesS)  I've also been dipping into stuff like the BCoB, waking sands quests and cleaning up all the LVL 50 quests with the blue stars in the older maps (im guessing they are tied by narritive but i got pretty confused and just starting skipping cutscenes and text) i'm guessing i was supposed to do these after the praytorium battle and before going to ishgard for the story, right...? cause there are some references in HW that are going over my head. Anyhow, It seems players starting now will reach ishgard easily at 50 plus by just doing the story and a tad of the side content/normal ammount of friendly leveling and all that. I'd say if someone did 100 percent of the content now they could near 60 

I was capped at 50 for a little while. I think I stopped playing just after Beast Tribes were introduced for the first time, and then I resumed just before Heavensward launched. I had a lot of MSQ to catch up on. I can't recall if the Level 50 MSQs began giving XP after the level cap was increased, but you must have done quite a bit of pre 3.0 content to get reach level 54 before enter Ishgard.

For me, it was all of the extra sidequests, Hildibrand, Moogle Devivery, and the big one was maxing out all Beast Tribes. The dungeons gave a significant amount of XP as well, but getting XP in 2.x content barely does much for the amount of XP needed to level beyond 50.

So me having three jobs at level 52 (really only two) is maybe similar to you being level 54; it's hard to know for sure.

In terms of more recent content, I absolutely LOVE the endless dungeon (can't think of what it's called). The roguelike elements are so much fun.

I'm still quite a way from finishing Heavensward (doing level 56 MSQs right now, but a ton of sidequests opened up as well).

EDIT: Re-reading your post, I realize I slightly mis-interpreted you at first. You are basically saying that doing *all* of the 2.x content should have propelled me much farther than 52 with two jobs. And maybe you're right. I definitely tried to keep my level at a minimum while going through content, so I would avoid FATEs as much as possible, and I only did each dungeon once. I got partway through the relic weapon quest for my Summoner, so I suppose I didn't fully finish that. But I did do every single battle levequest and the company levequests as well (in addition to those mini-duty things that go up to level 40-ish). Once you reach level 52, doing level 43 beast tribe quests gives you practically nothing, so it was a lot of busy-work that didn't really advance my character very much; too bad I didn't have another level 40-ish class I could have used for that instead.

And I leveled my hand and land classes a lot as well. I do provisions every day first thing; right now all of those classes average level 40, I would estimate.