By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Alan Wake info promised soon

starcraft said:
DMeisterJ said:
What is Alan Wake?

You are the most pitiful excuse for a 360 owner i've ever known.

Alan Wake is the psychological thriller in development for the 360 and PC by the team that made Max Payne.

It is being published by Microsoft. 

I've heard it mentioned by name, but I haven't seen a preview on it ever, so how am I supposed to know what it is.  

Around the Network
ToastyJaguar said:
I thought i would check out what this game is about as i've seen it on the 360 exclusive list. This game sounds awesome from what i've heard, like Max Payne but with a tv-series influence. This will certainly be a massive game for the 360.

It is still a long way off, but apparently it is all about using light as a weapon/defense.  Lots of enemies are hurt by light, but thrive in darkness.

It is shaping up to be one of the console's best games. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Wow. I didn't know there would be no multiplayer. Thats awesome. There arn't enough great single player experiences these days.

@DMeisterJ.
It's ok, I forgive you

starcraft said:

How on earth would you know?

SamuelRSmith said:

starcraft said:

I don't.  Hence I said, "shaping up."

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Wow. I didn't know there would be no multiplayer. Thats awesome. There arn't enough great single player experiences these days.

@DMeisterJ.
It's ok, I forgive you

You forgive me!

I should be forgiving you.

How praytell is this game shaping up to be a great game and there hasn't been a preview yet...  

According to you, this game will be mediocre [talking about your thread for the relative lack of info/previews of Killzone 2]

starcraft said:
SamuelRSmith said:

starcraft said:

I don't.  Hence I said, "shaping up."

The phrase "shaping up" would be used to descrivbe something that looked bad/mediocre, and is slowly getting better. Seeing as this game looked good from that trailer long ago, and no one has seen anything else since, how would you know it's getting any better?

DMeisterJ said:
starcraft said:

@DMeisterJ.
It's ok, I forgive you

You forgive me!

I should be forgiving you.

How praytell is this game shaping up to be a great game and there hasn't been a preview yet...

According to you, this game will be mediocre [talking about your thread for the relative lack of info/previews of Killzone 2]

Lol.  But this game actually has a moderately interesting premise, and the developers have a history of success.

Killzone has a horrible predeccessor, and a stock standard people vs non-people story. 

Its high time we see some solid and revealing gameplay already, I've been tracking this title since almost before STALKER was shown first time around!
Get a move on!

SamuelRSmith said:
starcraft said:
SamuelRSmith said:

starcraft said:

I don't. Hence I said, "shaping up."

The phrase "shaping up" would be used to descrivbe something that looked bad/mediocre, and is slowly getting better. Seeing as this game looked good from that trailer long ago, and no one has seen anything else since, how would you know it's getting any better?

I based my words solely on the approach they are taking and things they are attempting to achieve with this game.  It is of course possible, that the game will completely suck balls.

But keep in mind this game was going to be on the PS3, but Microsoft saw something they liked enough to buy exclusivity.