By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - CNN Producer: Russia Narrative "mostly bulls--t right now", is manufactured for ratings

DarthMetalliCube said:

See, shit like this is exactly why mainstream media outlets are only hurting they own cause. Case in point - I never liked Trump from the outset, but have always hated and distrusted mainstream media more. So when they all almost unanimously try to constantly stuff anti-Trump propaganda down our throats, especially when the propaganda is made up, I can't help but wonder.. "huh.. maybe Trump is really onto something here?" It only makes me empathize with him more.

I don't it sounds a bit immature and stupid, but if 90% of the media outlets were constantly fighting for Trump and defending him rather than attacking him, I'd probably hate and distrust him far more. Just the way I am, I guess - I thrive on playing devil's advocate and questioning everything. Because so often in this world you learn that the majority or "mainstream" viewpoint is misguided and wrong.

At the very least, these outlets need to drop the phony Russia BS and sensationalism about "SEXIST! RACIST!!!1" and focus on REAL reasons to distrust Trump - lack of any political experience whatsoever, his ridiculous wall that will somehow span the entire southern US and cost billions, his seemingly close ties to the likes of Saudi Arabia, Trumpcare, closeness to Wallstreet cronies, etc..

Trump is not very popular to begin with. He one of the small handful of people who ever won the presidency while losing the popular (majority) vote. The other guy who did it recently was George W. Bush and is considered by a lot of people as the worst president ever, so that's not exactly a great precident. 

His approval ratings are awful. He won because he was put up again an very unlikable, uncharismatic candidate herself. If he has to run against someone with even a smidgen of charisma and level headedness in 2018, he will lose. And then Tweet like a baby for the next 6 months afterwards complaining about it. 

I don't even see what the hysteria is about. CNN is tough on Trump. So what? Oh noez! How dare they! Fox hounded Obama for 8 straight years and I didn't hear any uproar over that. Being president is tough. It's supposed to be tough. Deal with it or you shouldn't have ran for office in the first place is my response on that. This isn't kiddie class where everyone is required to be nice to you, Donald. 

President is a elected position that makes you a servant of the people in a democracy which has a free press. That is not to be confused with a dicataor who gets to tell the press what to say and kills/jails anyone who says anything bad about him. Again Donald, I think you have problems with differntiating between the two of these. You are president of the United States, not Supreme Leader of the United States. 

Around the Network

Does anyone even trust the approval ratings at this point? These are the same polls that said Trump would be luck to get within 50 EV of Clinton. I don't trust approval ratings (or any ratings in general) until the media proves their numbers to be legitimate, and ever since this report came out, I most certainly don't trust it.

TH3-D0S3R said:
Does anyone even trust the approval ratings at this point? These are the same polls that said Trump would be luck to get within 50 EV of Clinton. I don't trust approval ratings (or any ratings in general) until the media proves their numbers to be legitimate, and ever since this report came out, I most certainly don't trust it.

That's the Trump group think. There was polling that showed tighter races in a handful of traditionally blue states. He was able to flip just enough votes in three states to win the electoral college. He still lost the popular vote (and no, that's not "fake"). That means he never had the majority support from the US public to begin with, so his approval rating now would not be surprising. 

the-pi-guy said:
TH3-D0S3R said:
Popular vote 62,984,825 65,853,516
Percentage 46.1% 48.2%

Trump lost by nearly 3 million votes.  

What does that prove.

All it shows to me is that approval ratings are taken the same way the pre-vote polling was done. They sat in their New York, LA and so on districts and polled peopel there. Compeltely leaving out majority of the country. 

And quit saying Majority dont' like trump and majority like Hilary or some shit. DIdn't less than half elegibel voters vote. Don't matter who won, I woudl take it that most people hate the winner when we are talking what 24-25% of people voted for that canidate. 

I think the Russian Story is a nothing Burgrer to people are naturally predisposed to dislike Trump

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:
You don't have to be pro-Trump to admit that Russia's narrative has been ridiculously dumb.

I completely agree with what you wrote here.  But I don't see why being pro-Trump would make someone more likely to say Russia's narrative is dumb. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

irstupid said:
the-pi-guy said:
Popular vote 62,984,825 65,853,516
Percentage 46.1% 48.2%

Trump lost by nearly 3 million votes.  

What does that prove.

All it shows to me is that approval ratings are taken the same way the pre-vote polling was done. They sat in their New York, LA and so on districts and polled peopel there. Compeltely leaving out majority of the country. 

And quit saying Majority dont' like trump and majority like Hilary or some shit. DIdn't less than half elegibel voters vote. Don't matter who won, I woudl take it that most people hate the winner when we are talking what 24-25% of people voted for that canidate. 

Are you drunk or did you start taking spelling lessons from Trump's tweets?

The rabid jingoism towards russia was going on before trump declared he was running for president. I get it, war between nato and russia is gonna kill a fuckton of whites, and getting competent white men to do it to eachother is the only way that shits going to get done. We all know your fat blue haired ass isn't gonna get it done, you can't even hold down a job and white dudes paid for your trash degree in lesbian dance theory. But you blew it. You exposed the astonishing levels of bitterness and racism in your bum hearts and now its not going down. Suck it up buttercup

No, I'm not asking for election results, I'm asking why the heck would you trust CNN after they openly lied to you for their own benefit. CNN said Hillary would win Florida by 2 points, she lost by 1.5. They said Clinton would win Pennsylvania by 4 points, she lost by 1.2. I could go on about states like Wisconsin and Michigan, but their polling has already been proven as phony at best. Why should I trust their approval polls when they are happy to lie to their base to get their cash? Why?!

TH3-D0S3R said:
No, I'm not asking for election results, I'm asking why the heck would you trust CNN after they openly lied to you for their own benefit. CNN said Hillary would win Florida by 2 points, she lost by 1.5. They said Clinton would win Pennsylvania by 4 points, she lost by 1.2. I could go on about states like Wisconsin and Michigan, but their polling has already been proven as phony at best. Why should I trust their approval polls when they are happy to lie to their base to get their cash? Why?!

You do realize that polls can be wrong and there are always a +/- %. So if they had Hillary up by 2 points but with a margin of error of +/- 3 then they are pretty much saying that it is so close to call that she could even be behind by a point. I just want to know why the hell do you care about polls so much? Most people don't answer random numbers calling them except old people. So how accurate can phone polls really be?