By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Soo... my controller won't charge.

Mystro-Sama said:

Nope, it has never been dropped. I'm starting to think the battery might be lose inside somehow. Can I just unscrew it or something?

I think you only need to unscrew the control and theres no need to mess with the board or the buttons, because the battery is the first thing you will hava access to. But if you have never ever open a PS1, PS2 or PS3 controller before for example, I highly recommend you to search youtube. You can see then if theres something wrong with the wires or connections from the battery. 

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

Around the Network
COKTOE said:

Now, that is crazy. I can empathize to some degree though.. I had 3 XB360 controllers in a row suffer from controller drift on the right analog stick. It drove me nuts. As far as the DS4 goes, no problems with cables, or anything else.

I think everyone had problems with drift with the X360 controllers.  

Mystro-Sama said:
As for the problem you're describing, something similar (but not exactly the same) happened to me a couple of times, over a couple of days. The controller would not take a charge, but it would work when plugged in. The problem seemed to fix itself both times it happened, within a matter of 12-24 hours.

Thats exactly whats happening here except it won't fix itself.

I never had a ? appear in the battery indicator spot on the dashboard. 

Some DS4 controllers are prone to USB port failure. If that's the case (troubleshoot the controller to be sure), then you can work around this issue by charging the controller with the official PS4 charging station, simply because that charging station uses the extension port of the DualShock controller to charge the controllers, as opposed to the (possibly faulty) USB port...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-DualShock-Charging-Station/dp/B00D781PSI