By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - PES 2018 won’t be on Switch, but Konami open to supporting the system with future entries

Probably for the best that FIFA can potentially clean up with little/no competition.

Around the Network
HintHRO said:
'Will make games for Switch when the install base is big enough

Expects the install base to grow without making games for it'

- All 3rd party game developers

Is it a good or a bad thing that Nintendo is doing a good job at showing that is possible with Zelda, Mario Kart, and Arms?

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Too bad they were holding off, but it's a good they're at least fairly honest. What I just don't get though is why there never was one WiiU, there was nothing to lose, no competition. Seemed like a no-brainer to me, and now Fifa's back again.

KrspaceT said:
HintHRO said:

Is it a good or a bad thing that Nintendo is doing a good job at showing that is possible with Zelda, Mario Kart, and Arms?

Good thing for Nintendo and their core base but my question is how exactly do devs expect to their future games to sell on a console they haven't released software on? Nintendo fans aren't going to choose a late port from a 3rd party developer over say Mario Oddessey or even Fire Emblem Warriors.

Released at launch with no FIFA to compete with for 6 months was probably it's best chance of success.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

It feels so weird to hear this from Konami, considering they've been doing a lot of crappy moves for awhile. That'd be really cool if they release more titles for the Switch. I won't be missing a soccer game anyways

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I loved the PES games on the Wii, hope FIFA sells well enough on the Switch, looks like the best portable FIFA ever made.

KrspaceT said:
HintHRO said:

Take a look at Gamecube and Wii U and you may find the answer. 

HintHRO said:

2019 - We won't be making games on Switch because people only buy Nintendo games for it. There are no precedented stories of successfull 3rd party games for it.

HintHRO said:

The thing about this that irks me is that 3rd parties make zero effort in cultivating an audience for their games on Nintendo platforms.  If they don't cultivate an audience then their games are typically at the mercy of whether or not an established Nintendo franchise has created an audience that would want their game.  Also, speaking of the lack of effort and commitment from 3rd parties on Nintendo platforms; why the hell should someone who buys Nintendo hardware show trust and enthusiasm to a publisher/developer that's never there?  Why would someone buy the next Assassin's Creed or CoD multiplat game on the Switch when they have zero assurances that the next entry will make it on Nintendo platforms?