By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Next Fantastic Four Film Reboot Might Be A Kids Movie

I don't see the problem with this. Fantastic Four was rarely dark and gritty. Makes sense to have a film about a family be a family film. Could potentially work out fine.

Around the Network

Please Fox stop. Sell them back to Marvel. You've already killed this franchise and X-Men.

V-r0cK said:

Please Fox stop. Sell them back to Marvel. You've already killed this franchise and X-Men.

X-men are too popular to kill. Marvel are trying though.

Hmm, pie.

been saying it for years. Fox is not gonna let those rights expire unless Disney pays up.

NewGuy said:
been saying it for years. Fox is not gonna let those rights expire unless Disney pays up.

Or the movies keep bombing long enough. They could end up wasting the same amount of money they'd want from Disney to buy them out. Say something like 500 million. That would be like a total of 6 FF movies. We got a medicore one and two failed ones. 4 more to go.

Around the Network

Franklin would be an interesting shift, but the tone suggested makes me worried be another failure.

The Fury said:
V-r0cK said:

X-men are too popular to kill. Marvel are trying though.

I feel like what Marvel is doing is working.  Growing up X-Men was way bigger than the Avengers but now it seems the opposite with younger kids.  It's just a matter of time that Marvel gets it back :D

Except kids still know Spider-man, that wont change xD

lol.... just when you think it cant get worse...

V-r0cK said:

I feel like what Marvel is doing is working.  Growing up X-Men was way bigger than the Avengers but now it seems the opposite with younger kids.  It's just a matter of time that Marvel gets it back :D

We'll have to wait and see what a Hugh Jackman less X-men/Wolverine fairs. I think that will be what forces Fox's hand. There's no reason they can't do a deal with Marvel get money and Fox still get some but do very little to nothing at all. Not like Marvel aren't making money from the X-men films... just not as much.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
V-r0cK said:

We'll have to wait and see what a Hugh Jackman less X-men/Wolverine fairs. I think that will be what forces Fox's hand. There's no reason they can't do a deal with Marvel get money and Fox still get some but do very little to nothing at all. Not like Marvel aren't making money from the X-men films... just not as much.

Agreed. If Sony and Marvel can make a deal why not with Fox as well.