By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBOX Live! is it really worth £5 a month?

Im curious, personall i think its a rip off, i have a PS3 and the PSN now has almost as much functionallity as live and by the end of 2008 wil easily overtake live in terms of features (namely home). So i want to know are people like me fed up of being charged £5 p/month for a glitchy live service or do you actually think its worth the money?

Around the Network

only if u have a lot of friends that play live... if u dont i think its a waste.

personally, i think paying to play online is not worth it no matter what service it is, namely xbl. and u still get ads thrown in your face LOL.

i hate paying it but i will. i find PSN is almost as good as XBL so the cost isn't justified.

I think it's worth it, the overall service isn't laggy but certain games deal with lag better than others

I would really prefer it to be free seeing as how this is pretty much the only service charging to play online (minus MMOs). I'd have to have a PS3 to compare the two services, if I didn't like the PS3's service I'd probably go back to Live.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

Around the Network

I think its worth it.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music

Considering how many more Live-compatible (in terms of multiplayer) games there are on the 360 than the PS3...I'd think so. But of course, try to find a better deal to where it's not 5p a month. It's $3 USD if your smart.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I think it is worth it.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Worth it!

I have free PSN and I pay for LIVE. I would rather pay and play on LIVE than fumble my way through PSN. I would recommend all the LIVE critics to actually take it for a spin, if you're not scared.