By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SEGA may bring Yakuza and Persona to the PC

I like the saltyness that comes from people when games get announced for pc. I also like how all of a sudden, people make it seem like pc gamers are the only port beggers while sony fans have been asking Nintendo to go third party for generations.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Cerebralbore101 said:

caffeinade said:

You sir, are blind!
Minecraft looks much better and is more advanced than Yakuza for PS2.
There exists a much better version of that game out there and I would much rather play that on PC.

Um no. The polycount in Yakuza is triple that of minecraft easily. 

Yakuza

Minecraft (vanilla)

Minecraft with custom shaders

Thanks to the power of the PC platform, players have been able to make it look much better than it comes out of the box.
Even vanilla Minecraft looks miles ahead of of the first Yakuza, despite the lower resolution textures.
The PS2 could not handle all of those voxels.
Minecraft's art direction also helps it stand out.
Yakuza was shooting for realism (a sort of it), and on the PS2 failed horribly.

caffeinade said:

Cerebralbore101 said:

Um no. The polycount in Yakuza is triple that of minecraft easily. 

Thanks to the power of the PC platform, players have been able to make it look much better than it comes out of the box.

Even vanilla Minecraft looks miles ahead of of the first Yakuza, despite the lower resolution textures.

The character models, textures (mods not withstanding), and animations are all better in Yakuza. Anybody can stack thousands of blocks together in 3DS Max. This is like comparing Breakout or Tetris to Super Mario World. 

Cerebralbore101 said:
PC Gamers are port begging because PC isn't getting more than two AAA exclusives this year.
pokoko said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
PC Gamers are port begging because PC isn't getting more than two AAA exclusives this year.

I don't give a rat's ass if a game is exclusive or not.  I only care if it's good.

Also, the phrase "port begging" being used as some kind of negative is just silly.  There is nothing wrong with asking a company if a game is coming to another platform, especially when that company has shown themselves to be receptive to that.  

Rather than people who ask for ports being in the wrong, it's the people who want to stand in the way of ports that seem selfish.

This very much but perhaps there are people who can't enjoy a game unless it's exclusive... An unfortunate illness to suffer from.

Cerebralbore101 said:
caffeinade said:

The character models, textures (mods not withstanding), and animations are all better in Yakuza. Anybody can stack thousands of blocks together in 3DS Max. This is like comparing Breakout or Tetris to Super Mario World. 

Animation, texture and character models are better in Yakuza.
Too bad you can hardly see them on PS2 hardware.
Minecraft still looks much better and it fully delivers on its artistic vision.
Playing Yakuza on the PS2 is over a better version is disrespectful to the people who spent years of their lives trying to create the best product that they can.

Yakuza Kimami, is not a very pretty game either but it does at least provide a decent portal into the world that was crafted by the developers.

Around the Network

Persona 5 (story, gameplay, characters, atmosphere, soundtracks) is the best sega/ATLUS-game in the last years. After that - Yakuza Zero. You love a amazing dark story with funny moments, many great characters and incridible bossfights ? Then play it! Thanks for both masterpieces :)
PS: No chance for other consoles, its PS4 console-exclusiv - now and in future. @ Yakuza + Persona (i read this on the last atlus-interview this year).

Cant wait of the next AAA-Game: Yakuza Kiwami with beautiful Steelbook for 35 dollar/euro = end of august :) The story in this game (its a Yakuza 1 Remake) is with Metal Gear Solid 3 and Persona 5 the best story ever maybe in videogames-area : )

caffeinade said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Playing Yakuza on the PS2 is over a better version is disrespectful to the people who spent years of their lives trying to create the best product that they can.

Yakuza Kimami, is not a very pretty game either but it does at least provide a decent portal into the world that was crafted by the developers.

Thumbing your nose at an older game just because the resolution isn't up to modern standards is far more disrespectful. I can't imagine someone playing Yakuza 3 or 4, and then saying that they will skip the PS2 game because they don't like PS2 graphics. It makes sense now that there's a remake in the works, but before the remake it's a laughable stance. 

I mean, someone with that position might as well not play anything made before 2010 if graphics are that important to them. They'd be a shallow gamer with very poor taste in games. 

Cerebralbore101 said:
caffeinade said:

Thumbing your nose at an older game just because the resolution isn't up to modern standards is far more disrespectful. I can't imagine someone playing Yakuza 3 or 4, and then saying that they will skip the PS2 game because they don't like PS2 graphics. It makes sense now that there's a remake in the works, but before the remake it's a laughable stance. 

I mean, someone with that position might as well not play anything made before 2010 if graphics are that important to them. They'd be a shallow gamer with very poor taste in games. 

Yakuza's problems go beyond resolution.
If there was no remake or a hint at a PC version, then I would play the game on PS2.
I did spend over 80 hours in Xenoblade Chronicles, loved every hour, and that game looks horrifically bad.

caffeinade said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Yakuza's problems go beyond resolution.
If there was no remake or a hint at a PC version, then I would play the game on PS2.
I did spend over 80 hours in Xenoblade Chronicles, loved every hour, and that game looks horrifically bad.

Props for having enough taste to fall in love with XBC. I understand wanting better graphics, especially from a PS2 game. There's nothing wrong with that. Outright refusing to play an older game on the other hand is a mortal sin. 

That would be nice, the more people that get to play both of those amazing games the better.