By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Spencer: We Have Just Signed Exclusives That Won’t Be Ready for 2-3 Years, No Point in Showing Them

Sony has pretty much said the same thing about their lack of new announcements at this E3 (aka 'we have some announcements withheld for a future date').

And we know from experience for the most part everything they show is around 2 yrs out or more as well.

PC I i7 3770K @4.5Ghz I 16GB 2400Mhz I GTX 980Ti FTW

Consoles I PS4 Pro I Xbox One S 2TB I Wii U I Xbox 360 S

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Uhh... Forza games, Gears 4, Sea of Theives, Crackdown 3, Halo Wars 2, Quantum Break, Recore, State of Decay 2, delivering on some sort of Phantom Dust release, continued support of KI, more stuff in Halo 5, numerous other small games.

They did things, solid things. They just need a few new AAA projects to change their image it seems.

Honestly I don't know why this reply was necessary. It's not like people can't see past the defence strategy of listing an "adequate" amount of content to seem reasonable. Or what solid really means. I know you were just commenting on what MS has been doing the past few years, but the obvious point of the OG comment was that there should be more stuff ready now. And a list of groceries isnt going to change that. 

As I said already, its possible MS is going to release game the same year they're announced. Given MS is holiday focused.

I imagine they have a couple things for 2018, just not sure they'll be the AAA projects people want.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Zekkyou said:

I didn't say they've done nothing, i'm just wondering what they were doing 2 - 3 years ago that resulted in the absence of much new being announced at E3 from their major 1st and 2nd party studios.

I think we have an idea of what the 1st party studios are doing. Gears 5, Halo 6, Forza, Sea of Thieves, maybe Fable 4...

Safe bet they have exclusives being developed by 3rd party studios. Maybe some of that stuff will come the same year its announced. That happens with Forza, it happened with Dead Rising 4, and remasters. So who knows. But we gotta assume MS has something for 2018.

Sony kinda had the same issue at E3 but maybe they want a great PSX.

I should note (in-case there's any confusion) my comment wasn't active criticism, just curiosity. They obviously weren't sitting around doing nothing, so i'm wondering what's changes in their process. I guess we'll see over the next 12 - 18 months.

Sony's E3 was equally disappointing on that front yeah, but i'm holding out hope for PSX. If nothing new is announced there i'll be wondering the same thing about them

Mr Puggsly said:

Honestly I don't know why this reply was necessary. It's not like people can't see past the defence strategy of listing an "adequate" amount of content to seem reasonable. Or what solid really means. I know you were just commenting on what MS has been doing the past few years, but the obvious point of the OG comment was that there should be more stuff ready now. And a list of groceries isnt going to change that. 

As I said already, its possible MS is going to release game the same year they're announced. Given MS is holiday focused.

I imagine they have a couple things for 2018, just not sure they'll be the AAA projects people want.

I think people are more so upset that A) They habe literally almost nothing this year, and B) its always Halo, Forza and.Gears. 

And 2018 will be Forza and Halo... so im not exactly taking solice in next year

Was that a jab at Nintendo for announcing MP4? I thought they had good relations...^^

Around the Network

Good to hear theres more coming, but it does sound like outsourced projects rather than stuff developed by their own studios which is what they should really be doing.

Personally I like to know what's in development, helps me decide on whether to buy the console or not.

So much Xbox hate on these forums, it's impressive! MS must be doing something right.

On topic, Spencer is right. a reveal has more oomph if it's announced for the upcoming year, not many years in advance. You wouldn't see Bethesda announce TES VI 2 years in advance either.

Mr Puggsly said:

continued support of KI

Microsoft's continued support of Killer Instinct has been amazing, especially considering it's a 2013 launch title.
And they aren't stopping either with a Scorpio-optimised release in the pipeline.

More developers should take a similar approach with their games.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Mr Puggsly said:

I think people are more so upset that A) They habe literally almost nothing this year, and B) its always Halo, Forza and.Gears. 

And 2018 will be Forza and Halo... so im not exactly taking solice in next year

Well I plan on playing Crackdown 3, Forza 7, and Cuphead. Halo Wars 2 was also a thing I own, I plan to play Phantom Dust which is free. I think that's literally more than nothing.

In 2018 they also have State of Decay 2 and Sea of Theives. So not just Halo and Forza.

Lastly, lets not pretend exclusives are the only content a console has.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)