By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade 2 Nintendo Japan trailer

I don't understand but there's zero cringe this time, hopefully we have the option to play it with english text.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbOv8xneR4Y

Around the Network

Can't wait!

I will gladly buy the Japanese version if it has English subs and menus.

The English voices didn't bother me at all. I actually like the mix of British and Scottish accents, partially for the throwback to the original game's localization, and partially because it gives the characters more personality. I found most of the voice acting in XCX quite dull, with everyone having a generic American accent. I think part of it for people that are bothered or 'cringing' at the trailer is just needing to get used to the voices and hearing the lines in context. Even the original had some 'cringey' moments too, in my opinion, mostly outside of the main cast, but it didn't detract from the game for me at all. I'm super pumped for Xenoblade 2! It's got the story focus from the original, along with the fantastic exploration of huge areas, like XCX.

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

The Japanese "take thiiiiiiiiiiiis!!!!" is still equally horrible.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Zero cringe? I don't know about others, but I prefer it if a name like Rex is pronounced without a vowel at the end.

less cringe.

Much better...really hope this has dual audio option like the first game.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Well BOTW added the Japanese audio due to demand so if it isn't there day 1 I can see it being added later down the line.

Take thiiiiiiiiiiissssssss! Man, that almost killed me inside.

Dual Audio please..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]