By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo considering more Wii U games for Switch, against straight ports, approach to IPs

oniyide said:

There wasnt that much WIi U owners in the first place which is one of the main reasons why Switch even exists. If there are no games on the system and people dont like ports then they wouldnt be buying the Switch in the first place as its doing much better than Wii U did and its not even holidays. The ports have been the in the top ten selling games worldwide on a weekly basis since they debuted, i think you know what i meant, but just in case, theres more clarification. So from a business perspective you're still wrong cause they are selling fantastic so clearly people want them whether its for the portablitly or not. Hell the Swtich version of BotW is doing better than WIi u despite the latter having more owners.

Fair enough on the other two but you dont think the Switch will have enough new games that will overshadow the remasters?

You don't know what you're talking about. You do realize that MK8 was the best-selling game on the Wii U, so of course, that success will transfer over. BOTW did well because it's a fantastic game, and the only game worth buying at launch that was full price. I'm talking about porting ANYTHING ELSE, other than Smash and Mario Maker. It appears you're just finding excuses and refuting my points without actually reading them properly. I even gave an outline as to why those particular games should be ported over, but you obviously ignored them. Financially, porting a game like Xenoblade Chronicles X is not going to be a smart move.

Around the Network

Mario Maker can work as the Switch has touchscreen.

friendlyfamine said:

Mario Maker can work as the Switch has touchscreen.

But doesnt the Switch have to be docked to play it on the tv?

I don't have a switch yet, but I'd love to see Mario Maker, Bayonetta 1+2, wonderful 101(won't happen) , and Xenoblade on it.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

I wouldn't be against more Wii U ports if it means people who passed on the system can at least still some of the games it got. I hope they at least bring Smash over. My friends went all in for a Switch version of that game...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
friendlyfamine said:

This is just pathetic.

I mean, why are people so obsessed with Wii U ports? There needs to be a justifiable reason to port Wii U games, and portability is not one of them.

Nintendo are already getting bashed for two Wii U ports (Zelda and MK8D) and the Switch essentially being a system "not worth owning" if you already have a Wii U. I never understood why people thought that porting games like Xenoblade Chronicles X and Tokyo Mirage Sessions would be on their radar either, because it's not profitable. Just because a system has a higher install base, doesn't mean the game will sell better. Especially carrying that stigma that it's technically an old game. They are naturally niche titles that just don't appeal to mass market, even with strong advertising. If these games want "a second chance" they should come with sequels. Xenoblade 2 is still Xeno, too. 

"There needs to be a justifiable reason to port Wii U games".

Fact that Wii U is worst selling Nintendo console that had only 13.5m owners but in same time some of great games, alone makes very justifiable reason to port some of those great games to next platform. Higher resolution, better performance, more content and espacily full handheld mode, are great addition for reason to port some of great Wii U games.

Much bigger number of people are happy because Zelda BotW and MK8D than number of people that are bushing Nintendo, those games are one of main reasons why Switch has so strong start. With Wii U ports, Switch linuep games will be stronger and more diverse, people that didn't had Wii U (huge majority of future Switch owners) will be able to play some of best Wii U games, and even Switch owners that had Wii U will be able to play improved, better looking versions of games that now offer full handheld mode, of course Nintendo will make ton of money on those Wii U ports. Its win-win situation in any case.

I'm very happy that people that were pissed at Sony for making remakes are now very happy.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Really hope they decide to port Xenoblade chronicles X on Switch.

DonFerrari said:
I'm very happy that people that were pissed at Sony for making remakes are now very happy.

You wrote that few times now in this thread, what you trying to achieve!?

Industry now in 2017. and at end of 2013. are not same, remakes and ports are today normal thing, but that wasn't case when PS4 was launched. I personally wanted more ports/remaster for PS4 from start because I didn't have PS3 and I missed some great PS3 games.

Miyamotoo said:
DonFerrari said:

You wrote that few times now in this thread, what you trying to achieve!?

Industry now in 2017. and at end of 2013. are not same, remakes and ports are today normal thing, but that wasn't case when PS4 was launched. I personally wanted more ports/remaster for PS4 from start because I didn't have PS3 and I missed some great PS3 games.

What I wanted? To point how users are still fine with putting that it's ok when their platform of choice do things.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."