By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo Switch Third Party Society - 100% Fully Updated to December 8th!

Just bought SteamWorld Dig 2. After watching some gameplay from GameXplain I got a lot more interested.

Around the Network
Peh said:
Dulfite said:

Apprently Mario Rabbids doesn't count as it was (I think) published by Nintendo?

But the publisher is Ubisoft aswell as the developer of the game. They only aquired the license from Nintendo to do so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_%2B_Rabbids_Kingdom_Battle 

So does that mean I can have Kingdom battle count for me?

Versus! I also bought Steamworld Dig 2. So that counts as 3 : D

Versus_Evil said:

Guys guys guys .... please. Mario x Rabbids Kingdom Battle is Mario <<<  you know, that Nintendo mascot, the most famous Nintendo mascot and IP like ever. One thing set out in this thread from the get go was IP collabarations including a Nintendo owned IP wouldnt count ... seriously, your killing me XD

Meh, I still think it should count as a third party game .

Don't hate me... At least don't hate me too much XD.

For the two Voez players here, you are apparently two of 40,000 Switch players of the game

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network

I bought SteamWorld Dig 2. Very good game.

Xenoverse 2. I bought it 50/50 with a friend of mine, but that counts, I guess

Versus_Evil said:

Guys guys guys .... please. Mario x Rabbids Kingdom Battle is Mario <<<  you know, that Nintendo mascot, the most famous Nintendo mascot and IP like ever. One thing set out in this thread from the get go was IP collabarations including a Nintendo owned IP wouldnt count ... seriously, your killing me XD

So Skyrim has Zelda skin in it, and Monster Hunter. Are those considered Collaborations that don't count as 3rd party? 

Versus_Evil said:
Dulfite said:

So Skyrim has Zelda skin in it, and Monster Hunter. Are those considered Collaborations that don't count as 3rd party? 

Ah that's fine, MH and Skyrim are true third party.

Minimal stuff like skins and that from a Nintendo own franchise's are fine if the game is third party of course. 

I just don't get it I guess. Didn't Nintendo publish or at least help finance all three games (including Rabbids)? And Kingdom battle has rabbids in it, which are exclusively 3rd party IP, and it was made by a 3rd party company (just like Skyrim and MH). Yes, it is exclusive 3rd party, but still 3rd party (just like Monster Hunter games on the 3ds).

Regardless, not arguing as my goal isn't to do that on this forum anymore lol, just stating some confusion for myself.

I bought Kamiko and Rayman Legends Definitive Edition.