By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - LEVEL-5 (ni no Kuni) & Comcept (MN9) Merging?

this inafune guy was working on recore while mighty no.9 was still in development?

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
FunFan said:

Evveryone deserves a second chance.

What did he do?

He did Mighty No. 9 and ReCore, which underdelivered and, for many people, reason enough to hate him. :P

But for real, what really got people MAD was how the Mighty No 9 kickstarted and development was handled. Here is the laundry list:

- The game was heavily delayed with very little information being release. Lead many to believe he ran away with the cash :D

- Failed to delivered on some of the kickstarted promises and stretch goals.

- Launched the kickstarter for the Mega Man Legends style game before finishing MN9. Then announced that an "investor" will take care of the dev costs and that the Kickstarter funds would NOT be refunded (lol), but instead be used for "stretch goals". Nothing specific of course.

- Got the gig to make ReCore way before he delivered on MN9. People must have felt that he should've focused on the game people were originaly paying him for. Also if he has the pull to get backed by a company like Micro$oft why use kickstarter? It's a matter of principle and it reflected bad on him.

I may have missed a few things maybe, but I bet these are the main ones.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Doesn't sound like a full on merger and more like comcept becomeing a part of level 5 to me. That's what I assumed was going on anyways.

I mean level 5 is a relatively big developer with a few mega-franchises under it's belt, while comcept has part of Recore......and MN9. I don't see them having enough leverage to get a full on merger.

greencactaur said:
FunFan said:

Yet working with level-5 seems like an attempt to better the quality of his games, doesn't it?

Don't think they really had a choice. It's true it could potentially increase the quality of the games, but that doesn't change the fact he scammed hundreds of people. As for everyone deserving a second chance...EHHHH I don't agree.

Thousands. Around 70 thousand people he scammed.

Around the Network

If I'm reading things properly, Level5 acquired Comcept and created a new studio (Level5 Comcept), not a merger?

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Volterra_90 said:
Why would Level-5 work with Comcept? After everything they've done? :(

I imagine Comcept had to find a buyer or close.