By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Monster Hunter World announced for PS4/Xbox One/PC

IamAwsome said:
KrspaceT said:
Oh for the love of....I am starting to get really, really annoyed at every PS4/Xbox1/PC label. Plenty of games being revealed now either have long enough development cycles that the 'too far in development' excuse isn't a thing (Half of Ubisoft's reveals), or are the kind of thing that doesn't make any sense on the Xbox or PC platform (Most every Japanese game).

The Switch is selling, it has games of the same type as others you are releasing (Zelda, Pokken), third party titles like Bomberman, Street FIghter 2, and the Neo Geo old titles are doing well.

It is not the Wii U. It's not that far from a base PS4 or Xbox1 that you are putting HD titles on a Wii. People want to buy your games on it, they are willing to sacrifice pixels if they can play Injustice or Kingdom Hearts or Assassins Creed on a train or a plane or a boat or lunch.

Stop being lazy. You are production companies. Make your products, sell your products. You are really, really making it hard to not treat the old '3rd party games hate Nintendo' BS as a legitimate thing.

Jranation said:
Oh no! Why not on Switch?

It was rumored last year that Sony paid to keep it off the Switch, but didn't bother with the XBO.

Kuksenkov said:
Jranation said:
Oh no! Why not on Switch?

Rumours (already floating around lol) are that Sony had something to do with that. Them shady Sony employees, that's why they're not getting cross platform play for Minecraft. Switch is getting it BEFORE PS4, and it kinda makes sense tbh. Arguably this is bigger than the Minecraft update, but still... Play dirty and they'll play you dirty.

Lol! I can see that happening. Like Switch gets Skyrim on the go, while a VR version of it is on the PS4 (not sure if this was already known to people, but I just found out today) 

Nintendo probably were doing it while it was on the 3DS. We'll see how the market will react to this. Especially Japan. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
spemanig said:
It's so weird to see how down neogaf are on this game compared to here. People are saying it's MH for people who don't want to play MH.

Gaf posters are the nerdiest of out nerd community, they don’t really represent most gamers, which is fine    

Azuren said:
Platina said:
Hoping the main series will move to the Switch

Guess the trademark name is real

I'm hoping the main series moves away from Nintendo. Portable needs to be the spin offs, home console needs to be the main titles.

With the low homeconsoles userbases comoared to portables? Good luck.

That's why the main series became portable in the first place.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

spemanig said:
It's so weird to see how down neogaf are on this game compared to here. People are saying it's MH for people who don't want to play MH.

They will continue to downplay until the Capcom live feed on June 20th, then the oooh and ahhh will commence.  Its made by the main MH team so people can catagorize the game how they like, its a proper MH game.

Jranation said:
IamAwsome said:

It was rumored last year that Sony paid to keep it off the Switch, but didn't bother with the XBO.

Kuksenkov said:

Rumours (already floating around lol) are that Sony had something to do with that. Them shady Sony employees, that's why they're not getting cross platform play for Minecraft. Switch is getting it BEFORE PS4, and it kinda makes sense tbh. Arguably this is bigger than the Minecraft update, but still... Play dirty and they'll play you dirty.

Lol! I can see that happening. Like Switch gets Skyrim on the go, while a VR version of it is on the PS4 (not sure if this was already known to people, but I just found out today) 

Nintendo probably were doing it while it was on the 3DS. We'll see how the market will react to this. Especially Japan. 

I'm not trying to defend Nintendo, but Capcom themselves started the whole "exclusivity" due to how expensive it was to develop MH for PS3. They chose Wii over PS3 because it was more affordable to them.  They also chose 3DS because "it felt like the right platform to develop MH4 for", although I'm sure they were just being cheap asses.

I love Monster Hunter and I would love for it to get more recognition/success in the West. Capcom themselves stated that they're pursuing ways to make MH more popular in the West. 

Open World? Check

Sony paid for it? Check

Mainstay gameplay mechanics changed to make it more accessible for Western dummies? Check

Capcom are known for playing dirty, I'm not shocked. I just hope that they don't change the gameplay *too much*, because with open world/timer gone, it just foreshadows a simplified game to me.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Azuren said:

I'm hoping the main series moves away from Nintendo. Portable needs to be the spin offs, home console needs to be the main titles.

By the time this game is released the PS/XB userbase will be 100+ million and the PC in the hundreds of millions.  Seems like a cool time to tap that market.

I love me some MH so looking foward to it.

And people say Nintendo isn't holding games back with their weak hardware. Looks pretty cool.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
And people say Nintendo isn't holding games back with their weak hardware. Looks pretty cool.

But this game isn't technically impressive for PS4 and Xbone...

it's well within reach of the Switch.  Yeah, it's stronger than the 3DS but of course it is, the 3DS is old.

Pavolink said:
Azuren said:

60.4m (PS4) + 29.6m (XB1) = 90m

64.6m (3DS) + 15.5m (Vita) + 3.5m (NS) = 85.6m

90m < 85.6m?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames