By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Samus now a playable character on the PS3

fazz said:
mariozeldametroid said:
This is SO awesome! What if somebody modded the original Metroid Prime on that thing, with PS3 graphics! It would be very hard, but with the UE3 it's possible.

And scary to see that SSBB and MP3 graphics aren't that much worse than the PS3 UT3 graphics, only things like light effects are MUCH better on the PS3.

To be honest I don't like the excessive bloom. And the Samus model is so much better on both Brawl and Prime. It has more detail, more polygon count in fact.

You can barely see the model on the UT3 mod, how can you say this?

mM
Around the Network
mariozeldametroid said:
This is SO awesome! What if somebody modded the original Metroid Prime on that thing, with PS3 graphics! It would be very hard, but with the UE3 it's possible.

And scary to see that SSBB and MP3 graphics aren't that much worse than the PS3 UT3 graphics, only things like light effects are MUCH better on the PS3.

Okay, this one closed the deal for me. You people have to be joking. 

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

tehsage said:
Any idea what Nintendo is going to do? If anything, that is?

Most likely nothing.  I doubt they care. 

naznatips said:
tehsage said:
Any idea what Nintendo is going to do? If anything, that is?

Most likely nothing.  I doubt they care. 

Probably they are happy, is like some sort of viral marketing...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Flow said:
mariozeldametroid said:

Okay, this one closed the deal for me. You people have to be joking.

You're right, the Wii graphics aren't up to the standards of the normal UT3 character models, but if he's talking about the actual character models here the mod is signifficantly less detailed than Metroid Prime 3's actual Samus model.

Around the Network

@naz

Dont mistaken my samus for the samus you posted, the one Im showing is a different mod =D(hint: look at the right arm)

mM
leo-j said:
fazz said:
mariozeldametroid said:

To be honest I don't like the excessive bloom. And the Samus model is so much better on both Brawl and Prime. It has more detail, more polygon count in fact.

You can barely see the model on the UT3 mod, how can you say this?

@naz & leo-j: Probably it's me, but compare Samus' shoulders on the pics naznatips posted (with the Prime one. Ok I give, the Brawl one doesn't looks as good). Polygon work is easily noticeable on the mod one. Maybe that's a result of the HD resolution. I'm sure the polygon count on the mod one is less than 10,000 polygons. Not sure how much is the Prime one though.

leo-j said:
@naz

Dont mistaken my samus for the samus you posted, the one Im showing is a different mod =D(hint: look at the right arm)

Are they? Then post a link to yours please!

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

I got mine from gametrailers.

mM

you're right leo-j, but it shares the same issues. This pic shows the lack of detail pretty clearly.