By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If Sony drops the price of the PS4 and PS4 Pro....

Hiku said:

But a price cut for Pro would certainly give XB1X a rougher start than it already has.

Sony probably planning on giveing the XOX a warm welcome, by temp. lowering price of the PS4pro (by 50$).

The hardcore xbox fans will still be buying it though.

loy310 said:
Regardless MS remains relevant this gen and beyond. Predict the gen to end with them at 50 million units sold and Sony at about 100 million. That's nothing to scuff at. Sure they lost market share compared to last gen but they have consistently priced outside of mass market pricing ($399 and less) all gen, so the market share drop should have been expected.
Also keep in mind that nothing is stoping MS from price adjustments early next year, and if MS do cut price of the 1X I expect it to out sell PS4 in the states weekly. So don't write off MS yet, this new console makes them competitive in the long run.

1) I think PS4 goes to like 120m, and Xbox One around 50m by end of gen.

2) MS cant price adjust early next year for XOX. At 499$ MS is probably selling at break even prices, any lower and its sold at a loss.

3) "I expect Xbox One X to outsell PS4 in the states weekly"  Why?

4)  You can write MS off, its not magically going to overtake the PS4 this gen. It ll do well enough, but its not really competitive.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Hiku said:

But a price cut for Pro would certainly give XB1X a rougher start than it already has.

Sony probably planning on giveing the XOX a warm welcome, by temp. lowering price of the PS4pro (by 50$).

The hardcore xbox fans will still be buying it though.

loy310 said:
Regardless MS remains relevant this gen and beyond. Predict the gen to end with them at 50 million units sold and Sony at about 100 million. That's nothing to scuff at. Sure they lost market share compared to last gen but they have consistently priced outside of mass market pricing ($399 and less) all gen, so the market share drop should have been expected.
Also keep in mind that nothing is stoping MS from price adjustments early next year, and if MS do cut price of the 1X I expect it to out sell PS4 in the states weekly. So don't write off MS yet, this new console makes them competitive in the long run.

1) I think PS4 goes to like 120m, and Xbox One around 50m by end of gen.

2) MS cant price adjust early next year for XOX. At 499$ MS is probably selling at break even prices, any lower and its sold at a loss.

3) "I expect Xbox One X to outsell PS4 in the states weekly"  Why?

4)  You can write MS off, its not magically going to overtake the PS4 this gen. It ll do well enough, but its not really competitive.

2) they can price adjust, they did the same thing at the start of the gen, they basically adjusted the XB1 price within months of launch.

3) it's very close right now in NA, not hard to imagine that with better graphics and all around better system the 1X can't come up with an extra 10k a week if they price adjust to match Pro?

4) Globally sure, but not in NA.

Seeing MS last night, I'm afraid PS4 will be competitive enough not to get a price cut... I want a $299 Pro...

I predict $300 on the Pro soon.

November 3rd: PlayStation 4 Pro + Call of Duty: WWII for $349.99
November 17th: PlayStation 4 Pro + Star Wars: Battlefront II for $349.99

Around the Network

I called a Pro price drop as soon as the X1X price was revealed. A Pro for $350 is definitely worth it. I still think the X1X will do better than the Pro but the PS4 will still outsell X1.

I have a Pro and I must tell you that it's a wonderful thing. HZD, Uncharted 4, Ratchet & Clank, and TLOU all look magnificent and run flawlessly. I'm anxious to see how much better multiplats will run on the X1X though. Still, I'm not in the market for a 2nd console. I just feel like I'd be playing too much video games.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Turkish said:
Seeing MS last night, I'm afraid PS4 will be competitive enough not to get a price cut... I want a $299 Pro...

Yeah that kind of killed it for me too. At $500 for XBOX One X, Sony will have no worry about cutting the price of the PRO.

Radek said:

I think Pro will stay at $399 but we will get Pro Bundles with Batlefront 2, Destiny 2, COD WW II, Gran Turismo Sport and such.

So you will get $60 game with your purchase.

Xbox One X will be $499 with no game, so $560 with a game of your choice.

So Xbox One X with Battlefront 2 will cost you $558, while Playstation 4 Pro with Battlefront 2 will cost you $399.

A bundle is just as good as a price drop. And honestly, even without it, the pro wil kill the 1x.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

It's already over. A $199 holiday price for slim and $299 holiday price for pro should be done.

Then back to $249 and $349 permanently throughout 2018 until it's time to cut the price again.

poklane said:

November 3rd: PlayStation 4 Pro + Call of Duty: WWII for $349.99
November 17th: PlayStation 4 Pro + Star Wars: Battlefront II for $349.99

Was that the mic drop he did when he said somethign along the lines of "At least I'll go down as President" toward trump.

Be careful of mic drops.