By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Bayo 2 remain WiiU exclusive?

This topic got beat to death a couple years ago. And at the time, it was abundantly clear that Bayo 2 was only going to be on WiiU. SEGA took money from Nintendo not only to make Bayo 2 exclusive - but likely also just to keep SEGA the company alive. SEGA was near bancruptcy several years ago and WiiU was bankrupt of titles with mass appeal. Now neither of those things matter anymore. SEGA's business position is restored and the WiiU doesn't matter to Nintendo anymore.

Had the WiiU made even a small turnaround - I think Bayo 2 would've sure stayed exclusive. But given WiiU's immense failure, not even Nintendo appears content to keep their best WiiU games WiiU exclusive. SEGA seems to be entering a renaissance period and really seem intent to bring their best IP and best quality forward.

Let's be honest here - SEGA's probably looking at several former 3rd party WiiU exclusives (Lego City, ZombiU, Ninja Gaiden 3) as well as Nintendo's own WiiU ports knowing Bayo 2 could possibly do really well as a re-release.

Bayo 2 is simply too good a game to let die off. If I were SEGA, I'd be knocking on Nintendo's door everyday to find out what to do next with it. If it were stuck indefinitely as Nintendo exclusive, I as SEGA would see to bringing it to Switch. SEGA would likely need to send a pile of money back to Nintendo to make Bayo 2 multiplatform (if Nintendo were to even go along with that), so I think that's still unlikely - but we may yet be surprised.

What do you think?

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

Hoping it comes to the Switch. I love Bayo.

Would be cool to see it on the Switch.

The only way it's coming to another platform is it coming to another Nintendo platform. I see a Switch port being likely.

It's already on PC Kappa

(We willl see what happens in a few years)

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

It wont go mutliplatform, since Nintendo payed for the game.But as to wether we will see it in other Nintendo platforms, namely the Switch, is another matter altogheter.I personally hope so.Bayonetta deserve the love and Bayonetta 2 would certainly blossom on the Switch

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Spambot - Aura7541

Captain_Yuri said:

It's already on PC Kappa

(We willl see what happens in a few years)

Yes, but only the first one.

BTW The real question is if Bayo 3 will be exclusive to Nintendo Switch

No. It will come to the Switch, and every other future Nintendo machine. They are going to milk the exclusivity deal to no end.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Probably not, which is a shame. I dont feel as tho this particular game will sell as well with Nintendo's audience
But hopefully im wrong. Probably not tho.