By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft backed Splinter Cell and Metroid for Switch at E3!

These are two predictions for E3 this year.  Announcement of a new Splinter Cell focused on xbox in some way.  So either exclusive,  timed exclusive to xbox/pc with ps4 later or just Microsoft giving it a big push with exclusive content deal. 

Second prediction is Nintendo announcing a Metroid for the Switch. Set to release in 2018. I believe a project like this would have been planned for the Wii U but they decided to push it back when they realised it was going to flop. 

Around the Network

The way the thread title is written it makes it look like Mocrosoft funded both a Metroid and a Splinter Cell game for the Switch. What a story if true! XD.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
The way the thread title is written it makes it look like Mocrosoft funded both a Metroid and a Splinter Cell game for the Switch. What a story if true! XD.

That's what I thought too! I'd definitely like a new Splinter Cell and Metroid myself.

Darwinianevolution said:

Haha exactly how I read it as well

Darwinianevolution said:

Haha that would be the greatest prediction of all time! 

Around the Network

The title is very misleading lol.

Kerotan said:

These are two predictions for E3 this year.  Announcement of a new Splinter Cell focused on xbox in some way.  So either exclusive,  timed exclusive to xbox/pc with ps4 later or just Microsoft giving it a big push with exclusive content deal. 

If Ubisoft has managed to completely change their development structure for a title like Splinter Cell (cut expenses), or unless development is heavily subsidized by MS, I'm not sure it will be even timed exclusive.

Remember the last game in the series failed to meet expectations. They were hoping for Blacklist to sell over 5 million copies.

The time is perhaps right for a re-boot, it's been the longest period between releases in the franchise history. I'd just be surprised though, if it's exclusive to any platform.

Okay, it's a clickbait title lol

SuperBott said:

But was it intended?  find out after the press conferences! 

Kerotan said:
SuperBott said:

But was it intended?  find out after the press conferences! 

probably.....