By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 5 or Gears 4

The better game is...

Halo 5 17 36.96%

Gears of War 4 29 63.04%

Total:46

Gears of War 4, it's an amazing package. Campaign is only second to GoW2 imo, horde mode is good but not perfect and I love the multiplayer.

I like Halo 5 too. Lately I've been playing a lot of MCC and I think Halo 5 has the best multiplayer by far. I just can't get along with CE, 2 and 3 multiplayers, 4 is decent. Last night I fired up Halo 5, played some standard versus and Warzone Firefight and it was great. I'll be playing it much more in the future.

Campaign was good too despite the story issues. It's fun to play, still one of the better 1st person campaigns when it comes to gameplay.

Around the Network

I'm a fan of both series but normally way more into Halo. Having said that, Gears 4 is the better game.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Gears. The multilayer and campaign were solid. Halo 5 only has the multilayer going for it.

So more than a 60-40 lead for Gears so far. Interesting.

I haven't played either game myself, though I did really like Gears 1-3 and Halo 4 + Reach on 360. In a pinch I'd have to say I prefer Halo more as a series, but only barely.

Gears 4. Halo 5 wasn't open enough for me but i loved it too.

Around the Network

I like them both but I'm more of a Halo guy.

Gow4, because Kait was hot.

Wright said:

Having played neither, Gears 4. Gears of War in general surpassed Halo for me back on the seventh generation, and I'm fairly sure Gears of War 4 carries on the tradition.

Hmm, if that's how we're doing it, I'd definitely go with Halo 5.