By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Could a "Holocaust" happen again?

The sort of industrialized murder scheme that allowed the Nazis to achieve the numbers they did is perhaps the single most likely thing to get the United Nations off its decrepit ass and into a fighting war like in Korea back in the '50s. The only nations that could even hope to get away with it are the ones with a whole lot of nukes, if they threatened nuclear war to keep everyone else away while they did the deed.

The later genocides have been mostly more decentralized or ad hoc. It is possible that in a more populous world than the one of the 1940s, over a larger time scale than the Nazis had to work with, some modern style genocide will break their record.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

I hope we'll never see the release of an ethnic bioweapon, but that will be the future version of the holocaust.