By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ARMS Global Testpunch concludes! What impact did it leave on ya?

Are you gonna buy ARMS?

After the testpunch? Yes! 45 33.09%

After the testpunch? No way! 16 11.76%

Was already going to buy it. 24 17.65%

Nope, testpunch didn't change my mind. 15 11.03%

See results. 36 26.47%

Total:136

Me? I had a fantastic time, heck it was honestly a lot more fun than Splatoon's original testfire, though of course that's because the testpunch offered more variety than turf wars/4 weapons only. The troll surprise boss mode was really icing on the cake!

I was already 100% sold on this game since the direct so nothing's changed in that regard, but I was impressed to find that the motion controls work very well, though I'll still stick with non-motion. Even more impressive is the online stability. I swear the majority of my matches felt like I was playing offline even in Japanese lobbys!

I already knew it wasn't a Wii Boxing clone with little depth, but it was still great seeing myself learning and improving, to the point where I almost defeated a Lv.7 Hedlok. That gives me confidence to jump straight into the hardest difficulty on Gran Prix mode once the game is mine! Also decided that Ribbon Girl is gonna be my main. Sorry Spring Man, but you can still be my avatar lel.

All in all, the testpunch confirmed that this is yet another Nintendo game I can sink hundreds of hours into. Less than two weeks to go until it's finally mine! <(^o^<)

Around the Network

Now I think about buying it while it did not even cross my mind before testpunch.

Played for a bit with Twintelle, Spring Man and Min Min but Ribbon Girl is just the best. Ninjara is the only other character that can give Ribbon Girl hard time.

I'll probably get it when it becomes part of Nintendo Selects.

I went from "must buy" before playing to being kind of on the fence now.

The game play to me mainly seems to boil down to dodging attacks, and then moving on your opportunity to grab and throw your opponent for bigger damage, then repeating that basically again and again with some charge up attacks mixed in now and again. 

It's kind of a bummer because I was really hyped for this game.

That said, the second Test Punch was more fun for me. I switched to traditional controls and even though you don't quite have as much control over punch curve, I find it's easier to play overall that way.

I did start to have more fun my last few matches, but I'm kinda worried I will get tired of the gameplay quickly.

It's the first Nintendo game I'm garbage at and it makes me sad. :(

That said, I plan to buy it once the price dips below $45

(Formerly RCTjunkie)

Around the Network

Had fun with it, but I don't plan on buying it. Fighting games get really boring to me after 2-3 matches, and while the game is great it still couldn't grab me enough to want it. For example, I only buy Smash to play when friends come over, otherwise I never touch that game. It's just how I am, sadly =P

eh... meh ... sadly it's probably now a no from me. And I really wanted to like this game.

I was getting wrecked every match. I'm just not very good at it. Really was not that fun for me. Maybe the controls haven't clicked. But what I played really wasn't something I felt like sticking with - even after being pretty interested in the game and understanding something of the strategy from the Direct.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

I had a blast, I want to get it but money....

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Changed nothing since I aready made my decision to get it after seeing gameplay footage for it back in January.

I had a blast especially at the second testpunch! I love Twintelle! Her playstyle just clicked with me.