By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Online announced

Good price. Cant wait for it to launch.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
Nautilus said:
Oh?It seems that its a selection of classic games with added online that you get now with the subscription, not just one game.
It can be wrong due to wordplay though.But its interesting that the tone changed.Check up on the link to read sbout what I said.

Well the name appears to be "Classic Game Selection".

Strikes me as a 'choose from one of these three choices' as opposed to 'have these 3 games'.

The description says that "subscribers will get to download a compilation of classic titles." It sounds like users will have many titles to choose from. Nintendo will decide which games will be available and we'll be able to download them all. 

Wow, $20 is less than I thought would be... Maybe I will bite for once but still a big maybe

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

JWeinCom said:
A lesser service for a lesser price. Seems reasonable.

I'm not loving the fact that they only announced NES games for added online play. There weren't really that many great multiplayer NES games in the first place. If you have some N64 and Gamecube titles though... that would make this kind of a bargain.

I'd love some SNES titles too. If I could play games like F-Zero, Contra III, and Turtles in Time online that would be awesome.

Eh seems reasonable considering what I pay for the same service from Sony or MS.

Around the Network

I thought it'd be $30. 20 is a great value

Bandorr said:
jason1637 said:
Good price. Cant wait for it to launch.

You can't wait to have to pay for online like in Splatoon, arms, and Mario kart?

Yes. Since its being payed for that probably means that Nintendo will have mor emoney to invets into their online features and the servers for these games will improve.

I wonder which games won't be requiring the online fee to play them online since it says "most games will require a paid online service subscription from Nintendo in order to play online."

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Hm, interesting. $20 is a lot more palatable than $60. I know it will be an unpopular opinion, but I'd rather get online-enabled classics like SMB3 than the flotsam and jetsam routinely offered with some competing products.

I'm not very optimistic about this smartphone app though...

Not unpopular here. Don't forget to use the $40 savings to buy games you actually want instead of the stuff that people won't even download when it's 'free'.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Captain_Yuri said:
I wonder which games won't be requiring the online fee to play them online since it says "most games will require a paid online service subscription from Nintendo in order to play online."

Animal Crossing?

I don't think Nintendo has done a good job at all at making this service seem like it's even worth $1. Hopefully this "trial" rectifies that, though I wonder what features will be missing until the pay-time comes.

Also, I hate when Nintendo just gives a general year. Everyone is expecting Q1 when it will probably be delayed until Q4, and that's not a good thing when this whole mess comes off so bare bones as it is.

EDIT: Also, didn't we know it would be $20 for months? That's what the japanese price revealed/leaked months back implied.