By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Nautilus E3 Expectations and Dreams for Sony

Due to the sheer size that my Expectation and dream thread that I worte ended up becoming, Ill break it up in four segments: MS, Sony, Nintendo, and thrid parties in general.For this one, Ill focus in Sony.And as a general rule, each segement focus on the game that said company own.No third parties entries for the big three!

For Sony, I believe their show will be based more on already announced games, of which they have many, rather than surprises. We will definely get updates and new trailers for God Of War, the new Spiderman game(especially since the movie isnt that far off),Days Gone,Uncharted:The Lost Legacy,Detroid:Become Human and Knack 2(for better or worse). I dont think we will be seeing either The Last Of Us 2 or Death Stranding here, simply because Sony already have alot to cover, along with the usual third party games they will show and the one or two surprises that we will get(from Sony themselves). Not to mention that these games are still ways off, so it makes sense for them to hold them off for another show, like PSX. I could see a Bloodborne 2 announcement being made, but I wouldnt hold my breath for it.

They will also dedicate a part of their time for the PSVR, as they have been doing for quite a while now. I expect only one new first party game to be announced for it though, with the rest of the time being filled by third party games. I feel like this will happen due to PSVR not being a platform that has a big install base(and wont have such potential, due to price point, nature of the product itself as more of an acessory, among other reasons) and that VR is still rather limiting in what you can do with it, and thus it disencourages bigger investiments in more games, especially ones that would require bigger budgets. And there is also the fact that Sony is not known to be very supportive of their hardware iniciatives outside of the home consoles, so there is that too.

As for what I dream to see on the show, I hope that whatever Sucker Punch is working on right now, is not Infamous related. I would like to see the knowledgeand experience they gained from the infamous series being put into a new IP, with a completely different feel to Infamous. And the take on a fresh idea might help them achieve greater heights, as it did help Guerilla games with Horizon.

What I would really like to see is Sony to tackle in the RPG genre, especially the JRPG.There has been some precedent here and there, like Legend of Dragoon in the PS1, but other than that the Playstation brand has been really lacking in that reagrd from the first party perspective.And while Horizon is a great game, its too light on RPG elements to I really consider as such.

As for my final delusion, I would love to see a reboot of the Pursuit Force franchise. It is a rather obscure franchise, one that was developed by Bigbig Studios, a studio previously owned by Sony but that became defunct in 2012. I loved to death the first game( one of the hardest boss I ever fought is in there. Took me three freaking days of continuous tries to take down Hard Balls), and a new game being developed from the groundup for the PS4 could make for an awesome game, seeing that it was already a good one on the PSP.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

Shameless bump

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I agree with many things like The Last of Us 2 and Death Stranding not showing at E3, Bloodborne 2 having a chance at being there but not really expecting it, wanting Sucker Punch to deliver a new IP instead of yet another Infamous, sadly i also agree on your view with PSVR (though i will definitely get one for Ace Combat 7 and RE 7). and finally i would go crazy for a new LOD game be it a remake, sequel or prequel.

i would really love if Sucker Punch is making an Action RPG (new IP). infamous already had the ability to make your own choices in the game, while it was no where near the depth of the likes of TW3 for example, i would like them to build on that, build on their expertise in making action games and make something deeper and more fleshed out.

though i can see them making an FPS since no other Sony dev is making one.

TLOU2 and Death Stranding are 2019 games, we'll likely see them again at PSX, Shenmue 3 also there.

Still they have tons of stuff to show. Days Gone will have a yuuge gameplay demo turning the doubters into believers.

For surprises I expect something from Sucker Punch, Supermassive (Until Dawn devs), and FromSoft.

Around the Network

I hope that they mainly focus on already announced games, and that if they do announce new games, that they're ones close to release, instead of years away. I'd really like a JRPG too, that's for sure!

Turkish said:
TLOU2 and Death Stranding are 2019 games, we'll likely see them again at PSX, Shenmue 3 also there.

Still they have tons of stuff to show. Days Gone will have a yuuge gameplay demo turning the doubters into believers.

For surprises I expect something from Sucker Punch, Supermassive (Until Dawn devs), and FromSoft.

Something from Supermassive would be awesome. I just finished Until Dawn and I couldn't believe how much I loved it. 

UD launched in August 2015, though, so may be a bit early for reveal of their new game?

Im only looking forward to Sony games like GOW, TLOU 2 and Ni No Kuni 2. Release dates in particular. Cause like... I need them.

I only have one dream, and that is focus on the releases that are closer to this year. I like surprises, but when the surprise start to be years off, it makes me thinking more that these conferences are not as great.

My ideal approach is what Bethesda did with Fallout 4 (Just so someone doesn't talk about all the glitches ever), I just mean it in the sense of announcement and release.

I would love for a new BB or Souls-like game.

Hi