By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - A transit cop lost host job thanks to a fare-skipping illegal alien

A man who was arrested and charged with failing to pay his fare on a Minnesota light rail train is facing deportation after undergoing what the authorities described as inappropriate questioning about his immigration status by a transit police officer.

“Are you here illegally?” the officer asks.

A bystander who appears to be the person filming the interaction asks whether he or other transit police officers are authorized to act as immigration authorities.

The officer shrugs, and replies, “No, not necessarily.”

According to the Metro Transit Police Department’s incident report, an officer identified as Andy Lamers also used a Taser on Mr. Vences-Lopez, an action not captured in the 35-second video, after he refused orders to sit.

The report identified Mr. Lamers as the “primary” officer involved in the episode. In a telephone interview on Saturday, a department spokesman would not say whether Mr. Lamers was the officer who questioned Mr. Vences-Lopez on the video. A statement on Saturday from the transit police chief, John Harrington, said the officer in the video was “no longer an employee of the Metro Transit Police Department.”

Mr. Vences-Lopez was booked on charges of suspicion of committing fare evasion, giving a false name and obstructing an officer, according to the incident report.

View on YouTube

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/30/us/minnesota-deported-fare.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

The cuck who filmed this is lecturing the cop about the law, yet, he's totally fine with the illegal who broke god knows how many laws to live in the US. Not to mention, he didn't even buy a train ticket, and when questioned, provided a freaking fake name.

Both, the cuck and the NYT article, have made me nauseous.

Around the Network

OK the perp didn't pay his transit fare, then kick him out the train. Deporting is not his job.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I find breaking the law because you fled from a shitty, filthy, poverty stricken country filled with famine and crime to come to a place like the US to be akin to riding your bike on a sidewalk. It's just a fucking joke. If they want to work, if they want a better life for themselves or their family, let them in... let them all in. And if our government won't let them in, I hope they keep on sneaking in anyway. Fuck it.

"The cuck who filmed this is lecturing the cop about the law"

^ this is a problem.
The cops should know this stuff (the laws) and what their ment to do in the roles or not.

AlfredoTurkey said:

I find breaking the law because you fled from a shitty, filthy, poverty stricken country filled with famine and crime to come to a place like the US to be akin to riding your bike on a sidewalk. It's just a fucking joke. If they want to work, if they want a better life for themselves or their family, let them in... let them all in. And if our government won't let them in, I hope they keep on sneaking in anyway. Fuck it.

And that is why wages have been suppressed for many jobs in the USA.  Take working in a meat plant.  It used to be a decent job providing about 20 dollars a hour.  Flood in a bunch of illegals and the average wage is now ~10 dollars a hour.  Illegal immigrants suppress wages. 

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

And that is why wages have been suppressed for many jobs in the USA.  Take working in a meat plant.  It used to be a decent job providing about 20 dollars a hour.  Flood in a bunch of illegals and the average wage is now ~10 dollars a hour.  Illegal immigrants supress wages. 

Most Americans don't even want those jobs. They complain about them taking their jobs away when they themselves don't even want it.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

What a crazy place the US must be, people getting tased over a bus fare lol

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

AlfredoTurkey said:

See, I think a line needs to be drawn somewhere. We can't just keep allowing illegal immigration. However, nitpicking stories of illegals breaking laws is just dumb. There are millions of them here and a vast majority of them are hard workers who are desperately laying low because of their status. However, there are folks who'll find every instance of an illegal immigrant breaking a law to cast judgment on the lot. It's like, "See... This guy jumped a turnstile. He and the other 10 million illegals are all crooks!"

I've never been the one for broad generalizations. Especially when it's so plain to see that (even though it is a problem) this is the least of our problems. I actually see posts like this on VGChartz more than actual political websites. It's sort of confusing.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

sethnintendo said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

And that is why wages have been suppressed for many jobs in the USA.  Take working in a meat plant.  It used to be a decent job providing about 20 dollars a hour.  Flood in a bunch of illegals and the average wage is now ~10 dollars a hour.  Illegal immigrants suppress wages. 

Some truth to this. But if they didn't come here the companies would just close the plants here and move them to the countries where these people are coming from. Both of our opinions hold truth. It's been going on for decades. 

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

So the cop was fired because he detected a crime in the wrong way. I agree that cops should stick to the rulebook, but all he did was ask a question.