By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo's Best Selling Hardware/Software of the Decade (Updated!)

Looks like the list will loose some Mario Parties soon

And great list, kudos for collecting all that data

Around the Network

Updated! Less than a year and a half until the decade is over, and it looks incredibly tough for anything to top Wii Sports.

I'd also like to point out that Pokemon US/UM is the latest 3DS game to enter the top 50 and most likely the last.

I don't think any switch game will top 25 million in less than 2 years since their main selling franchises aren't out yet (except from MK but it's a port so there probably a lot of people that didn't bought it twice).
Think Smash can make it, maybe a future animal crossing, 2D mario and the next pokemon game. But that's not coming out soon enough tho.

I hope BoTW will make it in the top 10 before the end of the decade.

Darwinianevolution said:
Wow, just look at all those "Wii something" titles, it's amazing they were able to sell that well even after the Wii started to decline.

Also, look at that Mario Kart Wii performance. It blew away 8's sales and almost beat 7's numbers. Will there ever be a racing game that outsells Mario Kart Wii?

This shows that software sales were very strong even after hardware sales declined.  Apparently most people did not put their Wii away into their closet, regardless of what the popular internet narrative said.

Switch will jump to 2nd place, that's for sure.