By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fighting games on PS4 vs Switch!

Is anyone really interested in SF2, again?? I played that game 15 years ago on my GBA, and they axe $40 for it, game goes on sale regularly for $3 on PSN.

Of all the Capcom 2D fighters they could port, they do this one.

Around the Network

I never fight games, on PS4, XI, or Switch.

I have learned to manage my anger in healthier fashions.

ARMS is the fighting game I'm much more interested in right now for Switch, as well as Pocket Rumble, which looks amazing.

I mean I wouldn't call Ultra Street Fighter II the game to think of when it comes to fighting games on Switch by any means lol, I mean at least not at it's current price tag, when it drops to 50% off it'll be a cool game that's present on fun system that's sure to be fun.

But yeah, ARMS, Pocket Rumble, and even a potential Smash Brothers game, are the fighting games that will be defining the Switch, not a 20 year old port.

I played SFV abit.... but it just never grabbed me. Im too old lol, and CBA to learn all these mechanics.

Dispite that, I think Injustice 2 looks amasing.
Ive been watching Lets play's of it / twitch, and it looks like a really well made fighter.

Dig the super hero angle, and the upgrade and customise your own hero thingy.

Hmm, well I suckered myself into getting SFII, so yeah, I guess I'm interested And I don't even have a Switch, yet!

Around the Network

Huh ? Rime and Star Trek are not fighting game.

What is the point of this thread?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
What is the point of this thread?

Not talk about Zelda for 5 minutes. 

Oh wait, I've gone and ruined it. 

PS4 obviously has an advantage here, with games like Mortal Kombat, Guilty Gear, and BlazBlue, although some version of the latter is on its way to Switch. Still, Nintendo dominates with first-party fighting games. Smash is the best of its kind and Arms looks to be a winner also.

In any event, I'd urge you to play all the games and form your own opinion and not rely on Metacritic to tell you what's good and bad.

Oh, and to answer your question: I'm interested in Street Fighter II again. My sister and brother-in-law are visiting next month and they're both pumped about playing SFII. I had tried to push Killer Instinct and Injustice on them previously with mixed results. For a lot of people it doesn't matter if a game is the latest and prettiest; sometimes accessibility is more important.

Is OP comparing PS4's 3 years on the market vs Switch's 3 months on the market? Anyway, don't forget about Arms.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won