By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Weekly, 22nd April 2017 - Hardware and Software

Holy fuck! The recent weekly US Chart is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Some people buying it for 1st party some for bouth, but most buying it for 3rd party games and sales of games proves that.

It actually doesn't though. There's so many more 3rd party games that there could easily be a load of people that buy it for 5 or 6 of those and 1 1st party game. 3rd parties selling better doesn't prove that those same people who buy them aren't also buying some of the 1st party stuff.

Actually it does, point that they are buying 5-6 3rd party games and only 1st party games proves they are much more interested in 3rd party games than they are in 1st party games. If 1st party games are strong system sellers games on PS4, we wouldn't had just U4 in top 10 best selling PS4 games.

Ka-pi96 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Actually it does, point that they are buying 5-6 3rd party games and only 1st party games proves they are much more interested in 3rd party games than they are in 1st party games. If 1st party games are strong system sellers games on PS4, we wouldn't had just U4 in top 10 best selling PS4 games.

How so? If they were just interested in those 3rd party games they may well go Xbox or PC instead... if they're buying 1st party games as well... well obviously they're interested in both.

Yes they could, but PC gaming is dying, why would some through on new PC $500+ just to play GTA V, CoD or Fifa when can just buy PS4 for less than $300. Compared to XB1, same 3rd party games are running better at better resolution on PS4 for same price, so they dont have reason to buy XB1, from some people games like Uncharted 4 or TLoU also make difrence, but most of people don't care about 1st party games on PS4 and they are buying PS4 on 1st place for GTA V, CoD, FIfa...thats why we have 9 of 10 3rd party games from most popular PS4 games.

Miyamotoo said:
Kerotan said:

I never said most buy it for first party I said a lot buy it for both.  The likes of uncharted,  the last of us,  Gran Turismo,  God of war,  horizon,  Spiderman etc are already or will be big software sellers plus many more that have sold in their millions.  

It's obvious that Playstations are bought en masse for both first and third party.  

Some people buying it for 1st party some for bouth, but most buying it for 3rd party games and sales of games proves that.

But millions will buy also for first 1St party and the software sales prove that.  That's the beauty of Playstation and why after the ps4 stops selling 4/5 Sony home comsoles will be over 100m. 

Ka-pi96 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Yes they could, but PC gaming is dying, why would some through on new PC $500+ just to play GTA V, CoD or Fifa when can just buy PS4 for less than $300. Compared to XB1, same 3rd party games are running better at better resolution on PS4 for same price, so they dont have reason to buy XB1, from some people games like Uncharted 4 or TLoU also make difrence, but most of people don't care about 1st party games on PS4 and they are buying PS4 on 1st place for GTA V, CoD, FIfa...thats why we have 9 of 10 3rd party games from most popular PS4 games.

It's been dying as long as Nintendo!

:D

Really, I saw plenty people shifting from PC to PS4 gaming.

Kerotan said:
Miyamotoo said:

But millions will buy also for first 1St party and the software sales prove that.  That's the beauty of Playstation and why after the ps4 stops selling 4/5 Sony home comsoles will be over 100m. 

That still doesn't disproves what I wrote, that most people buying PS4 for 3rd party games on 1st place.

Where you found 5. Sony console? :)

Around the Network

Um, going by predicted NPD numbers, we know the PS4 outsold the Xbox One by about 75 to 80k in April, and also that the Switch outsold the PS4 by about 70 -80k (PS4 had its best April, so at least 200k, likely about 209k, and Switch was a tad over 280k), so yeah, those NA numbers...

Miyamotoo said:
Ka-pi96 said:

It's been dying as long as Nintendo!

Kerotan said:

That still doesn't disproves what I wrote, that most people buying PS4 for 3rd party games on 1st place.

It also doesn't disprove my point that people get Sony consoles for both.  You got a big number for first party and an even bigger number for third party. 

It's a really nice and healthy place to be as the console isn't reliant on one single group.  It gets the best of both worlds. 

And I meant 3/4 home consoles. 

Kerotan said:
Miyamotoo said:

It also doesn't disprove my point that people get Sony consoles for both.  You got a big number for first party and an even bigger number for third party. 

It's a really nice and healthy place to be as the console isn't reliant on one single group.  It gets the best of both worlds. 

But fact that 9 of 10 best selling PS4 game are 3rd party games proves my point that most people buying PS4 for 3rd party on 1st place. If you have big numbers for 1st party games you wouldnt had only one 1st party game in top 10 best selling games.

Miyamotoo said:
Kerotan said:

But fact that 9 of 10 best selling PS4 game are 3rd party games proves my point that most people buying PS4 for 3rd party on 1st place. If you have big numbers for 1st party games you wouldnt had only one 1st party game in top 10 best selling games.

The fact that a lot of first party games are posting big numbers with some of the biggest still to come shows millions buy it for the first party.  It just seems less because third party titles have sold behemoth numbers on the ps4.

Ps4 absolutely dominates console software sales.  It's a combination of insane third party sales and big first party sales. 

For example more people will buy the ps4 for first party games then will have bought the Wii U for first party.  It only seems small because as I said third parties do insane numbers on Playstation. 

Kerotan said:
Miyamotoo said:

The fact that a lot of first party games are posting big numbers with some of the biggest still to come shows millions buy it for the first party.  It just seems less because third party titles have sold behemoth numbers on the ps4.

Ps4 absolutely dominates console software sales.  It's a combination of insane third party sales and big first party sales. 

For example more people will buy the ps4 for first party games then will have bought the Wii U for first party.  It only seems small because as I said third parties do insane numbers on Playstation. 

Is it that healthy for first party like you say tho? So far, the only game in the top 10 is Uncharted 4 (heavily bundled btw). After that, you have 2 PS3 games made by Naughty Dog, and then the first original PS4 game made by a Sony studio is inFamous: Second Son, with around 3m sales. After that, obivously all Sony published games are ranging from 1~2m sales only. Now you have Horizon, which will sell very well, but that couple with Uncharted only is not much after being almost 4 years on the market. First party on PS isn't healthy if you're not Naughty Dog, it's decent... at best. 

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won