750k to a million 19 6.48%

1 - 1.5 million 41 13.99%

1.5 - 2 million 55 18.77%

2 - 2.5 million 56 19.11%

2.5 - 3 million 53 18.09%

3 - 3.5 million 20 6.83%

More than 3.5 million 33 11.26%

Total:293

I think it can sell 2-2.5 million by the end of the year, with North America as it's strongest market while Japan will be it's least.

Around the Network

After watching a ton of videos of people playing ARMS on youtube and reporting on it I'm pretty convinced this will be one heck of a hit, as they all seem positively enamored with it.

Three guys at GameXplain said it's already the best online fighter they've played, two of which were huge skeptics going in. It seems to immediately appeal to everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbAztQrpao0

Cloudman said:
How much did Splatoon sell when it 1st launched? I'm still not ready to call this game a smashing success.

It sold 4 million by March 31, 2016. 

I think the game will sell around 3-4 million. I think there is a lot of potential to this title. I think it will appeal in a way other fighting games haven't, so like Splatoon reaching Japan (who never bought shooters), ARMS will get people who left fighting games. 

Visit my site for more

Known as Smashchu in a former life

VideoGameAccountant said:
Cloudman said:
How much did Splatoon sell when it 1st launched? I'm still not ready to call this game a smashing success.

It sold 4 million by March 31, 2016. 

I think the game will sell around 3-4 million. I think there is a lot of potential to this title. I think it will appeal in a way other fighting games haven't, so like Splatoon reaching Japan (who never bought shooters), ARMS will get people who left fighting games. 

Wow, pretty great numbers for it.

I agree that could happen, or even more, LT at least. Watching its 1st year will be interesting, since I dunno if the game has that same charm that helped Splatoon sell very well, at least when it comes to Japan (the art style I think appeals more to the west than Japan). Impressions from the test punch have been mostly positive, so maybe it'll sell a lot better.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Watching the videos, I believe it could really help reinvigorate the fighting genre. From what I have seen it is quite unique. If switch is a success story in terms of the Wii, I'd say 5 million sold (if bundled down the road).

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
It's way harder to understand than Splatoon ever was. Splatoon was always very intuitive and easy to understand, besides it had more charm - Arms is complicated, it takes several matches to begin to grasp what the hell's going on and what you're actually doing. I just don't see it being as mainstream, not even close.

I think Arms can sell between 2.0-2.5m lifetime, maybe 3m at most - meanwhile, I see Splatoon 2 easily making 6m at least.

What's so hard to understand about punching dashing and jumping?

Also, original Splatoon sold 5 million... on the Wii U... Even as a minimum, 6 million is a massive lowball imo.

maybe, the game looks like a lot of fun and "pop culture friendly"

VideoGameAccountant said:

The link to your website doesn't work, FYI

mZuzek said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Also, original Splatoon sold 5 million... on the Wii U... Even as a minimum, 6 million is a massive lowball imo.

And yes, I know 6 million is a lowball, which is why I said "easily" and "at least". I'm afraid there's a chance the game won't appeal to too many people outside of already existing Splatoon fans, which is why I still believe something around 6m is possible - but there is also a chance the game takes off insanely and Nintendo starts sponsoring tournaments for it and all, and who knows it could do twice as much. At this point the only guaranteed thing when it comes to Splatoon 2's sales is that it will sell more than the original.

Splatoon 2 is launching on a console with a far smaller install base than the WiiU had at the launch of the first Splatoon.  It will certainly have legs, as more people buy the NS.  But, it will probably take 12-18 months before NS has an install base of 12mm.  So, if Splatoon has an attach rate of 50% (which is extremely high, but not unheard of for Nintendo) 6mm could possibly happen in a year or so.  Maybe by holiday 2018.  I would not bet on it doing much more than 6mm though.  

I don't think I'm as into it as some of the other people here. I liked the demo, but by the end of the hour I was kind of ready to quit.

That being said, it's a reasonably fun game that's been well marketed on a shiny new system that doesn't have a lot else. 2 million seems like it should be mangeable.