By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft declares deadline for Yahoo offer

Auron said:
Radish Knight said:
Google isn't the Microsoft of the search world. You are not obliged to use Google. You can use live, yahoo and a lot of other things while you must have Windows if you want a commercial OS for your Dell, Toshiba, HP, ACER, Sony, etc. computer.

Glad to see intelligent people are joining this site.

You can fortunately buy a Mac,  or simply put linux on just about any PC in the world.

Intelligence debunked...... 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Auron said:
Radish Knight said:
Google isn't the Microsoft of the search world. You are not obliged to use Google. You can use live, yahoo and a lot of other things while you must have Windows if you want a commercial OS for your Dell, Toshiba, HP, ACER, Sony, etc. computer.

You can fortunately buy a Mac, or simply put linux on just about any PC in the world.

Yea that is the thing though, i don't want a mac , i want a PC.  I can't get a PC without windows in the states (In europe i could)  I could use google or any other service i want no matter what my computer is.  MS forces limitations, google does not.  Man you must really love MS, i could see standing up for your 360 but for a company that is clearly buying everything up just to line the pockets of their CEO's well that is just sad.

starcraft said:
Auron said:
Radish Knight said:

You can fortunately buy a Mac,  or simply put linux on just about any PC in the world.

yes you can but you are greatly limited to what you can do. Wine kills framerates and still makes you run windows in Linux. There is still few games that run in either OS. If you want to anything other then gaming the other OSs are better in everyway but the Windows OS controls 90% of the PC gaming market and overall windows controls 80- 85% of the OS market at the moment, it is dropping though. Thank god. Its monopoly is crumbling in every market.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

dabaus513 said:
Hostile takeovers just seem wrong.

They are a positive development. They jus seem wrong because of the name.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Auron said:

Yea that is the thing though, i don't want a mac , i want a PC. I can't get a PC without windows in the states (In europe i could) I could use google or any other service i want no matter what my computer is. MS forces limitations, google does not. Man you must really love MS, i could see standing up for your 360 but for a company that is clearly buying everything up just to line the pockets of their CEO's well that is just sad.

I don't agree with what MS does, but am I the only one that sees parallels between MS's rise in the OS industry and Google's rise in the Search industry?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Hmmm, I don't know. The more Microsoft does things like this, the less I believe they are not trying to control things on a broader scale. Reminds me of that thread I made a while about Microsoft. People say it makes competition more "fair" of one takes over another, yet I don't see how it is fair when if this takeover bid takes place there will be less competition than before, thus making it more possible for them to assert dominance over the internet.

It also annoys me how they are trying to bump the .pdf with their own proprietary extension, I don't even remember what it was called. If this prevailed as well that's just one more stupid plugin I would have to install to view M$pdf's.

ssj12 said:
dabaus513 said:

if investorsrefuse to sell their stocks a hostal takeover isnt possible. This is why EA wont take over Take-Two. More then 51% of investors are refusing to sell to EA.

To be fair Hostile takeover just means regular stockholders disagree with the board.

There isn't anything wrong with it.

FreeTalkLive said:
dabaus513 said:

They are a positive development. They jus seem wrong because of the name.

or the what company is taking over the other

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

MS is just another EA

ssj12 said:
starcraft said:
Auron said:
Radish Knight said:

You can fortunately buy a Mac, or simply put linux on just about any PC in the world.

yes you can but you are greatly limited to what you can do. Wine kills framerates and still makes you run windows in Linux. There is still few games that run in either OS. If you want to anything other then gaming the other OSs are better in everyway but the Windows OS controls 90% of the PC gaming market and overall windows controls 80- 85% of the OS market at the moment, it is dropping though. Thank god. Its monopoly is crumbling in every market.

Well, you're not really "running windows" per se, Wine is more of a compatibility layer.  Running windows in a VM would be similar to what you are suggesting.  Framerates do take a hit with wine gaming, but a good number of games still work rather well.  Still, if I have windows on the same computer (dual booting or something) I still play my games in windows.