By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - CAPCOM to determine SWITCH support based on performance of USFII (Oops! Mistranslation, my bad)

Another Wii U situation?

Yes 45 33.33%

No, sales of switch will make them turn 73 54.07%

See results 17 12.59%

Total:135

Reminds me of Ubisoft and zombi U

What do you guys think?

Interview link with CEO

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1379973

edit:Based on the interview, I'm a bit more optimistic as he seems to be commenting about the type of software support to be provided like Wii, not discontinuing or continuing it.

P.S:- sorry for the double posts , idk how to delete my comments.

Edit: apparently a mistranslation, sorry for not waiting for correct info :/

Around the Network

Morons, it's a €40 HD port of a SNES game from a dead franchise.

And this is a prime example why Nintendo is always being treated unfairly by third party companies. You'll never see Capcom say they'll determine PS4 support based on the performance of some crappy HD Mega Man SNES game they sell for full price or whatever. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Based on the interview, I'm a bit more optimistic as he seems to be commenting about the type of software support to be provided like Wii, not discontinuing or continuing it.

Base support on the performance of almost full priced 20 year old title, seems like a good idea.

Around the Network

Oh sureeee, measure the probability of success on a game that is overpriced and one old game that has been ported countless times.Great decision Capcom

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Seems more like whether they'll port casual or hardcore franchises from what I infer, even comments on DS/Wii being like that

RolStoppable said:
The implication is that USF II will determine if more fighting games are going to get ported to Switch, but the game won't stop anything else from being made for Switch. IPs like Monster Hunter and Ace Attorney are only a matter of time and the performance of USF II, whether good or bad, isn't going to change that.

Thanks for giving a bit more of a summary.

Seriously only the diehard street fighter fans would buy this at $40 i hesitated buying street fighter 2 turbo hd remix for $3 on psn but i bought it

Hardly they will make decision about platform (especially if it's sell good) only on performance of €40 HD port of a SNES game.