By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers - 68 Meta - 65% GR

Tagged games:

Trash ports... every system has them

PS4: Tryklon  Steam: Tryklon

Switch: 0307-6588-7010 | New 2DS XL: 2037-2612-6964

MacBook Air (Mid 2017) | iPhone SE | Apple Watch Series 3

Around the Network

I mean, is still one of the best fighters ever done, the low meta is just for the price which is pretty high to be honest.

Goodnightmoon said:
I mean, is still one of the best fighters ever done, the low meta is just for the price which is pretty high to be honest.

The score has nothing to do with the original SF2, it's about this sad port and it's price.

PS4: Tryklon  Steam: Tryklon

Switch: 0307-6588-7010 | New 2DS XL: 2037-2612-6964

MacBook Air (Mid 2017) | iPhone SE | Apple Watch Series 3

I reaf the entirety of main outlet reviews and all sumed up - Street Fighter 2 is the same shit we grew up lovin, Way of the Hadouken sucks.

Tryklon said:
Goodnightmoon said:

The score has nothing to do with the original SF2, it's about this sad port and it's price.

What I'm saying is that the low score is just because the price, the game is as good as always.

Around the Network
KrspaceT said:
May Capcom decide that any resulting bad sales are from bad scores and not the Switch.

Honestly I think a game like this is review proof. People who want it know what they're getting. I don't think some underwhelming scores on Metacritic are going to deter folks already willing to shell out $40 on a new version of Street Fighter II.

Is $40 really that much?

It's one of the best games of all time. Switchable art styles. Online play. Art gallery. Playable at home and on the go. Fun distractions like pallet switching and 2 v 1.

This attitude seems exclusive to video games. The latest and greatest version of a movie, with the highest definition format available and special features isn't cheaper than a new release just because it's an old move right?

specialk said:
Is $40 really that much?

It's one of the best games of all time. Switchable art styles. Online play. Art gallery. Playable at home and on the go. Fun distractions like pallet switching and 2 v 1.

This attitude seems exclusive to video games. The latest and greatest version of a movie, with the highest definition format available and special features isn't cheaper than a new release just because it's an old move right?

It's not too much for me. As someone who grew up with Street Fighter II this game is high up on my wishlist, and would be at $5, $10, or even $50. It's the ultimate version of what might be the best fighter ever made, and it has a special place in my heart.

But I do understand folks put off by the price tag, especially when the PS3/X360 version is so much cheaper.

I preordered, traded in a few unused games at Game Stop, I think it's expensive but on the other hand, it is SFII, it looks good, I can play on the go and online, so yeah it might be 20 something years old game, it might be expensive but it still appeals to a lot of people.

Physical games on Switch basically have to be $40 it seems like. Capcom wanted a physical release, so $40 was the price it had to be.