By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Plus Reaches 26.4 million Subscribers As Of March 31 2017

I actually thought it would be higher. At least around half of all subs.

Around the Network
Jigsawx1 said:
Barkley said:

And this makes you think the Attach rate for gold on XBO is 90%... because? If anything this highlights people were subscribed because of 360.

Your logic is essentially "last time we got numbers there were more gold subscribers on 360+XBO then XBO sold, so XBO attach rate must have been and is still nearly 100%!!!"

Still waiting on that source btw. You have no evidence that anywhere close to 90% of XBO owners subscribe to gold, and as it's such an outlandish statement it cannot be taken remotely seriously without facts.

https://www.geekwire.com/2017/xbox-live-monthly-active-user-count-reaches-record-55m-15-last-year/

https://techcrunch.com/2010/12/02/microsoft-only-50-percent-of-xbox-live-users-pay-for-gold-subscription/

its not easy to figure it out but it makes sense why should ps4 owners buy psplus if their biggest exclusives are offline singleplayer games, on the other side if you want to enjoy your xbox exclusives you have to pay xbl gold

Your first article is actually a negative in hindsight.  As ZhugeEX's tweet points out, the MAU for Live now is 52M.  That means that even though they have sold more XBO's and Windows 10 PCs, the active users have dropped by 3M in just 3-4 months.

BraLoD said:
Vasto said:

Not bad?

Very likely bigger than the self-claimed "biggest gaming network" you didn't find anywhere bad to post about two weeks ago.

This has nothing to do with what I posted. That was on a totally different scale.

I was asking is this good or bad because of the mixed reactions in this thread. 

I do not subscribe to PS Plus, I have no PSVR, and I don't have a 4K TV for my PS4 Pro. But I have TOO many PlayStation games.

Vasto said:
BraLoD said:

Very likely bigger than the self-claimed "biggest gaming network" you didn't find anywhere bad to post about two weeks ago.

This has nothing to do with what I posted. That was on a totally different scale.

Well, to answer your question, it's better than Live, so...

Around the Network

Kind of interesting. I still have PS plus and Ps Now time left in the subscriptions but so far I don't intend to renew either at this time. Fortunately, I have been preoccupied with Horizon Zero Dawn 62% complete and there is still a backlog of PS4/3 games I still need to finish. Eventually I will renew. At the moment I get what I need out of PS4 between the games and Netflix and movie watching.

thismeintiel said:
Vasto said:

Well, to answer your question, it's better than Live, so...

Thats not answering my question and Live is on a totally different scale. 

Surprised to not see a single mention of Fate GO in the mobile department considering its one of if not the most highest grossing mobile game in japan.

EDIT: I mostly only use PS Plus for all the extra discounts on sales, in that sense its very useful, needless to say the quality of free games isnt close to what they used to give out in 2012.

BraLoD said:
Vasto said:

Thats not answering my question and Live is on a totally different scale. 

We know it's a scale down because PSN has over 30% more MAU, 

Again, some say its bad and some say good. 

sethnintendo said:

I wouldn't even bother listing those two.  Trying to make it sound like an awesome deal that you can access the store to purchase games without subscription? I'm just surprised less than half PS4 owners don't even care about online gaming.

That's not necessarily a true assumption.  Some people probably jump in and out depending on what they're playing.