By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Clarifies Xbox Scorpio Frame Rate/Fidelity Stance

SuperBott said:
BraLoD said:

So XBO gamers can be fucked if the devs choose so?

It already exists on PS4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoJjOxhcLY0

The issue here is that both versions target 60fps. both versions drop in framerate, it would be ovbious that the weaker console drops more. so its just bad optimization on both versions.

The discusion in this thread is if devs choose to target diferent framerates.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
pbroy said:
But what games will we play though?..... 😬

I ALMOST bought a game called Misurugi Kamui Hike until I looked at some gameplay. You could always play that... Since you own it!

I do? I don't even know what games I bought during the BC Sale. Any time I saw Buy, I just bought it. Filling up hard drive space is more enjoyable to me with games that I'll probably never play, than playing the games themselves. 😏 

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

this is not a issue... huge advantage is over stating... so what if you can get more frames on your screen? the net code has balancing methods because of ping times since forever, whats so hard to introduce some more code lines to "help" those with lower framerate.

besides, this disparity is already happening in PC (for years now) with unlock framerates and i don't see anyone crying about it...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

sergiodaly said:
this is not a issue... huge advantage is over stating... so what if you can get more frames on your screen? the net code has balancing methods because of ping times since forever, whats so hard to introduce some more code lines to "help" those with lower framerate.

besides, this disparity is already happening in PC (for years now) with unlock framerates and i don't see anyone crying about it...

North korea has had a dress code enforced on every citizen ant all times for years now, is it ok for that to be applyed where you live?

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

pbroy said:
d21lewis said:

I ALMOST bought a game called Misurugi Kamui Hike until I looked at some gameplay. You could always play that... Since you own it!

I do? I don't even know what games I bought during the BC Sale. Any time I saw Buy, I just bought it. Filling up hard drive space is more enjoyable to me with games that I'll probably never play, than playing the games themselves. 😏 

You remind me of me. There's been more than a few sales, including this one, where I got ready to buy a game only to realize I already own it and haven't even begun it. So wasteful!

Around the Network

ahhhh i want scorpio....but i have x1. what to do....how long do you think scorpio gen will last another 3 years?

BraLoD said:

So XBO gamers can be fucked if the devs choose so?

Scropio users are going to have more polished experiences and get 60 fps more often, that's just the way its gonna be and it already happens on PS4 Pro.

As long as OG Xbox quality doesn't go down, there isn't much to complain about.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Be almost 2018, and single player experience still at sub-30 FPS. Laughable.

FallingTitan said:
ahhhh i want scorpio....but i have x1. what to do....how long do you think scorpio gen will last another 3 years?

Thats the million dollar question right there. I would not mind a 3 year upgrade. But im guessing thats not the case for most.

Yeah, they'll probably have different framerates for SP, but a developer using different framerates for MP is very unlikely, unless MS make a game with different servers for Scorpio players.