By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How did you get your Switch?

How did you get your Switch?

Preorder - online 39 37.14%

Preorder - brick & mortar 16 15.24%

In-stock - online 11 10.48%

In-stock - brick & mortar 24 22.86%

What's a Super Pretendo? 15 14.29%

Total:105

I bought one.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network

Preordered mine at my local EB the morning after the presentation.

Available stock on launch day, but all the Switches on the shelf had been sold out within ten seconds, so I got mine from behind the counter. As I stood in line, my blood was pumping and my heart raced. When it was my turn the cashier asked grey or colour without asking anything else and I said colour and boom, I had it.

Gamestop Pre-order. First console bought with purely own money.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

"Brick & mortar" is one of the more stupid expressions of the English language.

OT: Online, in-stock (but was sold out before and after I bought it).

Around the Network
Insidb said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
I had preordered mine through Amazon, but it was due to arrive after launch, during a business trip. So I cancelled my preorder and waited in line at Walmart for a midnight launch.

Ain't nobody got time fo' dat!

Amazon expecting me to wait 72 hours to play Zelda? In the immortal words of Mr. Resetti, they got another think coming!

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Insidb said:

Ain't nobody got time fo' dat!

Amazon expecting me to wait 72 hours to play Zelda? In the immortal words of Mr. Resetti, they got another think coming!

Based upon your comments, I have zero doubts on that lol.

RolStoppable said:
Bristow9091 said:

I actually got an AMAZING deal on mine, and bought it way early because of it...

Originally it was just my girlriend going to buy one, they had it on the Tesco store for £280, the usual price, but they had an offer going on, also in store, that if you spend more than £150 on electronics, you get £20 off, so it would've been £260... however, when we took it to the counter to pay, it scanned at £180 instead of £280, and they still applied the £20 off discount because it was over the limit, which brought it down to £160... the woman behind the counter didn't bat an eye and sold it at that price as if it was normal, and we didn't correct her because y'know... £100 off lol. Obviously after it went through so smoothly, I picked one up myself and bought one for the same price, so we both ended up getting a Switch each (I have grey, she has red/blue) for only £160 each instead of £280, almost half price lol... came home and bragged like fuck to all the other mods in mod chat, lol :P I was supposed to be waiting until Christmas time, but it was something I couldn't pass up after seeing their error, lol.

When I encountered such an error in the supermarket, I corrected the woman behind the counter and properly paid for all of my chocolate.

On topic: Got one on launch day in store without preorder. Was the last Neon unit they had.

You forgot to add, "You have dishonored your family!"

I had to get mine from a coworker who was selling them a week after launch for a bit higher than the MSRP. Couldn't find one anywhere else, and I needed one.....badly.  You really should add "local reseller" and "online reseller" to that poll.

So first day pre orders were available, at 5 in the morning, I looked on Amazon to see if they had pre orders set up. They did, but I was running late so I did not have time to order it. I figured my break would be in about five hours, so I will do it then. I mean, there is no way they could run out by then...right?

WRONG! I went to go order it later and it said PRE ORDERS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. I was quite disappointed. Sure I could play BotW on my WiiU, but I wanted the best version with the portability. It bugged me to where I was just a drag as there were reports that pre orders had been stopped EVERYWHERE, not just Amazon.

I don't know how though, but my luck was about to make a "switch". Less than two hours later, I just had a feeling this urge to slack off and go back on Amazon for some reason. I did just that, AND THEY WERE AVAILABLE AGAIN. I immediately dripped what i was doing and snatched up my pre order.

Not sure why it went back up. Maybe pre orders were coming in so fast that they had to temporarily freeze them to tally up how many they had left to give out? Maybe it was a glitch? Whatever the reason though, one thing was clear. That was my last chance and it was a good thing I decided to slack because when I got home, I looked again out of curiosity. Pre orders were once again stopped...and this time for good.

So remember kids, being a punctual hard worker will never get you what you want. Take that extra minute when you want something despite being late and don't be afraid to slack off. Only then will you find your hearts true desire. 😉

Because that, is how I got my Switch.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261